GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI MarkVI Floor Pan and Monster Floor Mats

redlulu

Passed Driver's Ed
I just ordered new GTI monster mats for my new 2010 Mark VI GTI from the dealer. The item # is the same as that of the MarkV. Is the floor pan the same on the new car?

GlutenBoy

Passed Driver's Ed
I got some for my 2010 GTI too, I'm pretty sure it's the same. Ditto for the trunk. BTW I love these mats. They got a nice GTI logo on them too!

redlulu

Passed Driver's Ed
I took out the factory "mats" or rug in front and the monster mats fit and clipped in place. in the rear I placed the monster mats on top of what was there since there are no clips.

Last edited:

path

Ready to race!
ok, they changed the clips that hold the mats in place for the front footwells sometime around 2008-09. pre mid 2008 or so, the clips that held the mats down for front passengers were oval and rotated 90 degrees to secure the mats. post this time, the clips were round and pressed down to fit.

for 2010, oval holes = bad...round holes = good

nevadafinish

Mk IV monster mats in a Mk VI?

Any chance I'll be able to use the monster mats left over from my totaled 2001 Mk IV? Gotta keep a souvenir! ;)

[round holes]

MMDCT

Does anyone know how the "mat package" which includes front / rear mats and a cargo liner compares to the aftermarket "Monster Mats" and aftermarket cargo liner? I like what I've read about the "Monsters" and want to ensure that the package is just as good.

Please advise.

Thanks!

onomatopoeia

Passed Driver's Ed
To those with the Monster floor mats: How do you like them?

If I live in a non-snow environment (Texas) would I get much benefit? Is the rubber at all too grippy? I don't want my shoes to stick in an emergency stop situation.

Is ECS the best place to buy? $93 is certainly better than my dealer.

I'd like to get a rubber trunk liner too. ESC doesn't appear to stock one. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Geofux

Ready to race!
Any chance I'll be able to use the monster mats left over from my totaled 2001 Mk IV? Gotta keep a souvenir! ;)

[round holes]

No, totally different p/n's because the floor pans are different. MkV and MkVI floorpans are the same just different clips depending on the year. 09+ monster mats will fit the mkvi and clip in properly.

onomatopoeia, there are a couple different boot liners that you should be able to get for your car. One of them has a nice lip around the edge but is not at all grippy. The other one is not rubbery but is a gorilla gear liner that has a textile surface but is durable and can be easily cleaned with a pressure washer or regular hose. The gorilla gear comes with 4 organizer blocks (you can get more separately) to stop stuff from sliding around.

Also, the floor mats are grippy and will keep your carpets clean. I know they are really really nice to have where I am. If you are still tracking a lot of dirt/sand/etc into your car I would recommend them. You also should have no issues with your shoes in an emergency situation.

Last edited:

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
big :thumbup: for the monster mats. I may leave them in all summer - prefer them to the carpet ones by far.

rigti9

Ready to race!
:w00t: monster mats are totally legit. no complaints. no slipping. super easy to clean. very durable. very stylish honeycomb to match look of car. The guy who asked if good for non-snowy areas... hell yea. i've never had an issue w/ my feet getting stuck and w/ the new car curse, everybody cutting me off I'd already had a few close calls. check out VW Driver Gear, they'll have the trunk liner. The mats are $99 vs $93 from ECU. But Driver Gear has a ton of pretty cool accessories.