GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI seats are skin collectors

rtnlsltn

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm in the market for a GTI and am waiting for one in the right color/package to pop up around me. I have had about 2 hours behind the wheel of them. I've noticed the cloth seats, door panels, and armrest have a weird "sandpaper" type textured fabric that collects skin like no other. Have any of you learned any tricks for preventing this or keeping it to a minimum? I drove a car for 30 minutes and noticed a fair amount of dry skin on the bolster (shifting arm) and the arm rest. I swear I'm not a lizard.

Aridi03

Ready to race!
you mean it irritates you?

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
I'm in the market for a GTI and am waiting for one in the right color/package to pop up around me. I have had about 2 hours behind the wheel of them. I've noticed the cloth seats, door panels, and armrest have a weird "sandpaper" type textured fabric that collects skin like no other. Have any of you learned any tricks for preventing this or keeping it to a minimum? I drove a car for 30 minutes and noticed a fair amount of dry skin on the bolster (shifting arm) and the arm rest. I swear I'm not a lizard.

try showering...j/k

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
Damp cloth after vacuuming. Works like a charm.

curel dry skin therapy??? liberal use. :iono:

rtnlsltn

Passed Driver's Ed
surprised no one else is noticing this, or maybe no one cares :p. I was in the car with my friend who initially noticed it so I can't imagine I'm the only one. I've just never noticed seats collect it this much, my car has a suede type material on the seats and I never see it :iono:

sawyer4340

Ready to race!
I was just thinking about this the other day. I only get it right on the driverside door armrest, and I don't even use it!

The CS Grey Area

Ready to race!