GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gti stage2 VS Audi B5 RS4

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
I made some nice runs against a red audi b5 sedan RS4.

He had the lead in the same line and I followed him. We started at 25 miles when we both floored it to 75. I had to shift very fast and he didnt pull on me, dead event on this one. We had to wait a bit since someone was on the way at this point. The guy and I waited 10s and the guy in front of us understood that he had to get out of the way and we both floored it again! To 75 up to 118, it was a tie, after 118 to 125, he pulled a nose. To 125 to 136, he didnt pull anymore and we both used brakes to finish.

I made a thumb up to the guy and his face reflected like, okay, this is a fast gti :)

Otherwise, it was very close and the gti delivered again.

The Audi RS4 weight is 1620kg and deliver 380hps with a V6 bi-turbo.

gkallis

Ready to race!
prepare to get flamed lol

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
it could be hard to believe but the gti made it. I think its time to dyno my car and test it on 1/4 miles. Im surprise myself by the gti stage2 performance and couldnt be happier about it.

Here at Quebec city, we are limited to 91 octanes gas. I dont know if the Audi RS4 could benefit to get higher gas but since all performances cars here are limited to 91, maybe it give the gti some egdes.

Otherwise, The rs4 is heavier and drivetrain loss is higher. Whatever u guys think about it, its what really happened, no point to lie here.

mkstan15

Ready to race!
maybe when you said you wanted stage 2 they misheard you and installed the complete stage 4 package. That must be the case:rolleyes:

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
Idk I can believe his story. A stage 2 GTI is really pretty quick. I was surprised too at how much my GTI has improved since I've gotten it. But this is why I always have a video for visual proof but anyways good job OP.

JumpinJackFlak

Ready to race!
I call shenanigans. B5 RS4 was only made as an avant. Could have been a bloke with RS badges. I call fat chance a stage 2 GTI would be close to the b5 rs4. You can try to bench race all you want about weight and drivetrain loss, but it's alot more complicated than a straight percentage and weight slowing you down. I'm sure it was a poser with an S4, chipped and that's about it.

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
Idk I can believe his story. A stage 2 GTI is really pretty quick. I was surprised too at how much my GTI has improved since I've gotten it. But this is why I always have a video for visual proof but anyways good job OP.

Thx to believe it, happy to see that u see a difference with a stage2 now, from stage1

I just tried to find some B5 RS4 sedan 1/4 miles scores, look like it will be around 13.5 to 14 on stock form, close to a gti stage2 numbers ! AND the RS4 has some big advantage on a dig since its AWD. My story was on roll and I reported that it was a dead event, not a kill. Those 1/4 miles numbers comfirming myself that my GTI isnt stage4 ! come on now :D

Against the B7 RS4 v8, I would get owned, like the 2011 Mustang GT I tried 1 month ago.

One week ago, I tried a G35 supercharged to a 30 roll to 95, we did 3 runs, and it still was a dead event. I never reported it since it was a too big surprise but hey ! if anyone thinks that im bullshitting then, why not report this one too. I know that over 100, the g35 had some good chances to pull me. We didnt tried.

I think the gti really shine on a low speed roll like 30 and can surprise some bigger performer car.

Something to considere, Im using some brand new Michelin pilot super sport. My second gear dont spin.

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
I call shenanigans. B5 RS4 was only made as an avant. Could have been a bloke with RS badges. I call fat chance a stage 2 GTI would be close to the b5 rs4. You can try to bench race all you want about weight and drivetrain loss, but it's alot more complicated than a straight percentage and weight slowing you down. I'm sure it was a poser with an S4, chipped and that's about it.

this isnt impossible, I cant confirm. On a side note, I didnt heard any turbos but the v6 was VERY loud...

It really looked like a real Rs4 but your right, it could be a false one.

JumpinJackFlak

Ready to race!
14 seconds for a stock b5 S4. Not an rs4. *maybe* if it was a tiptronic. A chipped b5 s4 gets into 13s. But still. No sedan rs4 until the B7 mate

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
14 seconds for a stock b5 S4. Not an rs4. *maybe* if it was a tiptronic. A chipped b5 s4 gets into 13s. But still. No sedan rs4 until the B7 mate

I think your right... 380 hps bi-turbo sounded too fast for a stage2. Thx for your info.

What an audi B5 S4 using as engine and hps ? (with a tune) ?

JumpinJackFlak

Ready to race!
The b5 s4 has the same motor but with smaller turbos. Stock they were rated for 250 HP, I don't know how accurate it actually was or whether it was over or under rated, and chipped made around 300 if I remember. I would believe you'd have a chance against a tiptronic s4 chipped or not. I love the b5 but I think 99% of b5 enthusiasts avoid the tip like the plague. Who knows. Could've been a b5 a4 2.8 with rs badges. Those made a little over 200hp stock but I think your GTI would've done alot more damage. My guess would be a chipped //S4

Walile

I thought the B5 RS4 was never officially imported into North America and avant only. I am aware of some S4 with RS4 motor swap, but they are all tuned to at least 420-450hp.

You probably raced a S4 tiptronic, which is quite a bit slower than the manual B5 S4.

JumpinJackFlak

Ready to race!
I thought the B5 RS4 was never officially imported into North America and avant only. I am aware of some S4 with RS4 motor swap, but they are all tuned to at least 420-450hp.

You probably raced a S4 tiptronic, which is quite a bit slower than the manual B5 S4.

Agreed. This seems much more likely.

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
Tiptronic or not, the guy surely was chipped over 300 hps. With his weight and drivetrain loss, I would pulled him if he only had 250 hps.