GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Had a realization yesterday.....

ImmI

Ready to race!
How do you all contain the "urge" to just slam it to the floor? I've been attempting this on this recent tank of gas and have been managing 37.7MPG :eek: But I seriously cant contain that muscle twitch on the pedal.

This is why I created my thread :p

I can barely control myself with a stock GTI, I can't imagine how much of an asshat I'd be if I had a K04.

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
So....my question to you all is is the GTI just a material object? Or an extension of something more in your personality? Is the car part of you or just something you drive? How do you handle that :urge: to blow past everyone? I'm having a huge problem with trying to determine why this car is such a part of me.

1) Or an extension of something more in your personality? My car is 100% an extension of me. I mod following my feelings. I made my car muted, stealth, blacked out, under the radar. I stayed away from showey and in your face stuff.

2) How do you handle that :urge: to blow past everyone? I embrace the urge. I too drive like a jackass passing 5 cars at a time on two lane back roads if they are too slow. I try to keep it under wraps as much as I can but I love to drive my car fast and I usually do. I'm sure it will get worse when I'm able to go KO4.

JP

jmlivid

Go Kart Champion
I have always been a big fan of cars, from the very technical machine/build part to the experience of driving it. I had a very bad few years before I joined the army and never had a car of my own. I always admired the GTI from the Mk4 onwards. When I joined I could only afford the rabbit I got in 2008 but I loved that car more than anything. I didn't mod it only because I knew I would get a GTI one day and wanted to save. Now that my life is on track and I make enough to afford the important things..(house, food...ect ) I knew I could get my "dream car". For me it is a symbol, a representation of all the hard work and discipline it took to put me on the right path. Every time I get in it I smile. It is by no means my whole life, but I don't drink or smoke so I feel justified in spending money on my "hobby" I have plans to mod my car and make it my own. I want to keep it as OEM looking as possible....Well OEM as in it looks like it could be the absolute top spec euro GTI from the factory, and I want a tune. It will be a little while before I bother to spend money on these things but I love looking forward to it. And I love reading all the tech stuff and mod stuff on this forum. People like the OP, plac, bender, gunkata...just to name a few...have given my so many ideas, and knowledge that I love my car even more. I know this post seems to be going off topic but I am thankful for this forum and the people like myself that enjoy their cars and have pride of ownership.

Now I want some LED tails....

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
IMO the only thing that makes a driver look like a dbag is smoking in a nice car.

Really?

:laugh: