GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Halogen replacement?

Ricky Bobby GTI

Say What!!!
Well I was not lucky enough to find a CPO with all the options I wanted so I settled on everything but the HID's. So what would be a safe replacement bulb that would offer a brighter and whiter light?

ironhayden08

Passed Driver's Ed
I put a set of philips extreme power as the lows. They are brighter and clearer in my opinion compared to the normal stock bulbs. I think I payed less than $30 shipped from Amazon.com.

KaiSTrikes_MKVI

Ready to race!
On replacement bulbs I can offer you 2 options ,,,
I had OSRAM Night Breaker Plus H7 ( longer , whiter beam )
but now I am on Osram rallye Off Road H7 ( wider , Yellow-ish beam )

Both are good options without putting HIDs in halogens and blinding people..
I flash HIGH BEAMS at people who do that ( > . < )

gerard

I'm on Osram Rallyes and they are great though the lit area looks slightly spotty. On my other car, I have Phillips Extreme. Both are recommended.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
I've used Sylvania Silverstar Ultra before and recently switched to PIAA Xtreme White Plus. Both are much brighter than stock with more defined beam but the PIAA is a tiny bit whiter...

AZN_C300

Ready to race!
Best halogen bulbs that even sniffs xenon white are Philips Diamond Visions from my experience in the automotive lighting business.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Almost all of them will make your headlights look blue, which looks very cheap...i have the luminix ultra white ones...

They do have white beam, but they look blue and ugly on the day time.

Ricky Bobby GTI

Say What!!!
Im not really looking for blue, just a brighter and whiter light for better all around vision at night. I think I need to adjust my drivers side up just a bit for better coverage without blinding on coming traffic. Thanks for all the good info on this subject!

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Side question, after I've replaced my bulbs, I've noticed that the passenger side has a higher cut-off than driver's side. Maybe its always been like that before with the stock bulb, I don't know, but it might be more obvious now with the lights being brighter. Is this normal, or did I move the housing somehow?