GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Helix Depo LED Projector Headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmc333

Ready to race!
Well its been raining here for 2 days and humid as hell for a week and NO SIGNS OF ANY MOISTURE inside the lights! I'm a very happy camper :)

mkegti37

Ready to race!
I installed my set today with the Morimoto H7 HID kit.
Just wanted to point out something I had to do. The terminals that go in the plug were sitting loose, so I had to open the connector and crimp the females down to be able to make the terminals sit tight. Just a minor adjustment, nothing big. Very happy with this set.:happyanim:
See attachments...

Attachments

• IMG_0206.jpg
    IMG_0206.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_0205.jpg
    IMG_0205.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_0203.jpg
    IMG_0203.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 233

ducatiti

Ready to race!
More rain humidity and another car wash - ZERO condensation :)

Pardon my poor memory but did you do anything additional such as more silicone or silica gel packs? I did both but still having condensation. Will post more pictures soon. "May" be normal to some but surely an ugly sight.

mkegti37

Ready to race!
What's the coding for the LEDs as parking lights but off with low beams? I find LED+Low beams = too much going on at the front.
I tried turning off the DRLs on the MFI but LEDs still turn on with low beams.

Thanks

bmc333

Ready to race!
I had my A4 coded so no parking lights came on with the headlights (or at all) but I haven't found that option with the MK6 yet I guess because that stupid 2 position switch is standard?

mkegti37

Ready to race!
Disable the headlight bulb life extension - byte 19.
See post #155 above
Also code for setting the parking lights and drls as LEDs.

The car is finding less resistance in the circuit that expected and is pulsing it to test for a bulb out. If you set it to know to expect LEDs it won't do this cold diagnostics test
I have done both of these and i'm still getting missfires on the left bulb. turning the light off and back on fixes it. Any other suggestions?

mkegti37

Ready to race!
I had my A4 coded so no parking lights came on with the headlights (or at all) but I haven't found that option with the MK6 yet I guess because that stupid 2 position switch is standard?
I have an euro switch, and hate to say it, but ED's offered this option via coding. I'm guessing these LEDs are hardwired somehow that can't be turned off via coding?

Status
Not open for further replies.