Thanks but feels like the led is brighter then the headlights

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    131.6 KB · Views: 391

Joseph@OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!
Thanks but feels like the led is brighter then the headlights

LED power can be controlled with some VCDS if you dont like the brightness. Most people us an HID kit in the lights as the LED's are so intense.

If you prefer not to run HID, i'd suggest turning down the DRL power. I think it can be done in Central Electronics but can't confirm.

medstudent87

Hello,
I purchased a set of these headlights. First impressions were impressive but I have a couple issues. I paired these with the USP 35w HID kit- 4300k color. I have aimed the lights but they seem to not put as much light in front of the car as my old halogens, it is a dimmer light, and they put allot of light on the sides and in front of the car. I know it is not the aim as if you raise the lights the "dimmer" portions will still blind people. The second issue I have is that I attempted to adjust the horsizontal aim, as the sides are so bright and light up the side road I wanted to try and get it more in the middle, both adjustment screws dont move the lights either right or left. The driver side adjustment screw just makes a clicking noise but is very easy to turn and the passenger side clicks but is under resistance. Please help. I also made sure the return wire was pointing down when I installed the lights. Is the USP kit not bright compared to morimoto? Thanks!

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Hello,
I purchased a set of these headlights. First impressions were impressive but I have a couple issues. I paired these with the USP 35w HID kit- 4300k color. I have aimed the lights but they seem to not put as much light in front of the car as my old halogens, it is a dimmer light, and they put allot of light on the sides and in front of the car. I know it is not the aim as if you raise the lights the "dimmer" portions will still blind people. The second issue I have is that I attempted to adjust the horsizontal aim, as the sides are so bright and light up the side road I wanted to try and get it more in the middle, both adjustment screws dont move the lights either right or left. The driver side adjustment screw just makes a clicking noise but is very easy to turn and the passenger side clicks but is under resistance. Please help. I also made sure the return wire was pointing down when I installed the lights. Is the USP kit not bright compared to morimoto? Thanks!

Upgraded to Morimoto ballasts and my output improved. Remember not to compare to stock beams - these are E-Code not DOT and have a different pattern.

medstudent87

Upgraded to Morimoto ballasts and my output improved. Remember not to compare to stock beams - these are E-Code not DOT and have a different pattern.

Thanks! I ordered the morimoto bulbs. Did you just replace the ballasts and not use morimoto bulbs? Are your using the 35w ballast still?

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Thanks! I ordered the morimoto bulbs. Did you just replace the ballasts and not use morimoto bulbs? Are your using the 35w ballast still?

I replaced the ballasts and cables with Morimotos - have the bulbs but kept the ones Ed sent. They heat up faster, brighter and the output seems to be "cleaner".

medstudent87

Does anyone know how to fix the lateral light adjusters? The adjusters just make clicking noises but not movement to the right or left. I don't see anything blocking or binding the movement.

goose1

Ready to race!
Does anyone know how to fix the lateral light adjusters? The adjusters just make clicking noises but not movement to the right or left. I don't see anything blocking or binding the movement.
Just installed mine, they do click and move a lot less than the up/down adjustment

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
One year update: What a disaster these lights have been. My drivers side headlight was sticking, so I paid out of pocket to have it fixed. Took over 2 weeks and $40 of my own money to have it fixed. The light came back with a working high beam shutter, but now I have light leaking out from above the shutter. When the high beams are on, you can see a bright streak of light shining about 10 feet above the car, 20 feet in front. They have had condensation issues since day one. Now, also on the driver side, I am now getting random bulb out warnings for the low beams. I have not even bothered talking to seller at this point because I do not want to spend more money having these fixed, rip apart my front end (again) for a repair that I am sure will only leave me out my money, my time swapping, and proably causing more problems than I originally had. For anyone considering aftermarket headlights, take my advice. Completely not worth the risk. These lights are crap. You may get lucky like some or you get screwed like me. And the only warranty you are given is going to cost you shipping costs and no real guarantee.

Man I had these for a little over a month and already dealing with condensation issues. Also dealing with poor unclean alignments. And what sucks is I'm past the 30day policy so now I'm stuck with them. But I do agree, shell out the extra bucks for the stock ones, quality would be worth it.

I couldnt agree more with these 2 statements.. i have had nothing but problems since i bought these damn things.. i am really getting pissed off now and really just want them to function properly.. i always get condensation in my driver side.. i never get it in my passenger side.. now im getting weird cracking or de-lamination on the plastic housing..

Joseph,

Both of my high beams are stuck and won't shut off. Can you also email me the instructions to fix this? I'll send you a PM as well.

i have had aiming issues and light scatter constantly with these.. i am constantly trying to readjust and fix them.. but i think this may be the prob.. i'll have them all razor sharp aligned and then out of no where blurry blobs or rainbow light.. i never knew that the high beams could get stuck?? today i hit my high beams and immediately after they were a mess again.. one day i started hitting the housing with my open palm and they refocused.. how do i fix this problem??!!! its driving me crazy!!!

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
I'm having a issue with one light. When I turn on high beams and then back to low beam, driver side high beam stays stuck on. If I get out of car and tap on headlight it goes back to low beam. I've had 2 brands of HID and both did the same thing. Anyone else have this issue and maybe a solution.

Hi, Dose. Thanks for the instructions on how to fix the hi beam flap issue. It was definitely rubbing and causing it to stick. Easy fix. Everything seems good now. Thank you.

Joseph can you please pm me with how to fix this problem..

medstudent87

I couldnt agree more with these 2 statements.. i have had nothing but problems since i bought these damn things.. i am really getting pissed off now and really just want them to function properly.. i always get condensation in my driver side.. i never get it in my passenger side.. now im getting weird cracking or de-lamination on the plastic housing..

i have had aiming issues and light scatter constantly with these.. i am constantly trying to readjust and fix them.. but i think this may be the prob.. i'll have them all razor sharp aligned and then out of no where blurry blobs or rainbow light.. i never knew that the high beams could get stuck?? today i hit my high beams and immediately after they were a mess again.. one day i started hitting the housing with my open palm and they refocused.. how do i fix this problem??!!! its driving me crazy!!!

I have noticed the rainbow light right at the upper cut off on mine as well.

medstudent87

Also has anyone or know if you can change the projector lens/projectors? I am not a fan of the light pattern these put out. I also really wish the horizontal adjustments were not one time use devices.

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
Wish Joseph would respond to my questions and help me out on this problem.. This is not the 1st time no response to my emails or posts on here..

Now I have a brand new problem.. All of a sudden now my passenger side hid only work with high beam mode.. When I put low beams on it starts to flicker then shuts off.. Does this sound like a VAG COM problem? Guys any info would be appreciated.. These lights are driving me crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.