GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help me please! I'm overheating

Gkivoo

Ready to race!
Hey guys. I need some help with my car overheating. I don't know how to resolve this issue but I think I know what the issue is:

So here's what's going on. My car is a 2012 GTI with APR Stage 2 tune and it overheats when idling for over 10 minutes and when driving in city traffic. I originally thought it was the water pump and luckily I had received that recall letter for the coolant pumps so I went there thinking this was going to solve my issue. It didn't. Still overheating and not leaking any coolant. Thought it could be my thermostat but that's working too according to VW. (I believe it is too. Both top and bottom radiator hoses are same temp).

I recently noticed that my radiator fans aren't ever coming on. Not when the AC is on not when the car reaches 200°F or 220°F or even when it climbs to 240°F. Neither the high speed or the low speed come on. It is not the fused I've checked them all and reseated them. I remember my fans used to come on for a few minutes after shutting the car off but now all I hear is a slight clicking noise coming from them and they never come on.

Any suggestions on steps I can take to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Wideopentuning

Ready to race!
Plug in a Vag-Com and activate the fans. If they don't turn on, check for power when trying to activate them (It may give an error message if no power) . If no power, check fuse 24 (I believe) If the fuse is blown, you may have a cooling fan motor pulling too much current in which case the fan and fuse will need to be replaced. If the fuse is fine, you will need to get a wiring schematic and work your way backwards through the power and triggering circuits.

Link to VCDS http://store.ross-tech.com/shop/VCHUC.html

Bowthewow

Ready to race!
Hey guys. I need some help with my car overheating. I don't know how to resolve this issue but I think I know what the issue is:

So here's what's going on. My car is a 2012 GTI with APR Stage 2 tune and it overheats when idling for over 10 minutes and when driving in city traffic. I originally thought it was the water pump and luckily I had received that recall letter for the coolant pumps so I went there thinking this was going to solve my issue. It didn't. Still overheating and not leaking any coolant. Thought it could be my thermostat but that's working too according to VW. (I believe it is too. Both top and bottom radiator hoses are same temp).

I recently noticed that my radiator fans aren't ever coming on. Not when the AC is on not when the car reaches 200°F or 220°F or even when it climbs to 240°F. Neither the high speed or the low speed come on. It is not the fused I've checked them all and reseated them. I remember my fans used to come on for a few minutes after shutting the car off but now all I hear is a slight clicking noise coming from them and they never come on.

Any suggestions on steps I can take to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Did you ever figure it out?