GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help - Samsung BT connection...

SVS

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi - have tried searching for this but did not find anything.

I have a 2011 GTI, and previously had a fairly basic Nokia flip-phone (I know I'm prehistoric in this matter) which worked great with the car's BT.

I recently changed it to a Samsung Android phone, and while I was able to sync/match it with the car phone, it does not stay connected, i.e. each time I switch off the car, I have to go through the settings in the Samsung and turn off and then turn back on the BT, and only does it work. I'm inclined to believe its with the Samsung, but curious if anyone else has had similar problems? And any suggestions? I can't find anything in the Samsung's settings.

Will appreciate any help or suggestions!

lon888

Ready to race!
I have a Galaxy S3 and it always stays paired. Usually people tend have trouble with iphones. If it keeps un-pairing you might want to take it to a cell phone repair shop and see if they can re-flash the bluetooth system for you. good luck.

spikernum1

Ready to race!
I have the S4 and it always stays paired.

Was it the first device you connected?

I would suggest deleting all the devices the GTI has in its memory, and then pairing to your new phone again (which would make it the primary)

JeremySoftBeard

I have a Galaxy Nexus and, as I understand it, it has something to do with which version of Android you are on. They changed some things in the bluetooth stack in 4.1.2 that made connectivity worse and didn't fix it until 4.3