GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hi From Guatemala!

Alejoms

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey Guys, I've been following this forum for a while now, just never got active on it..
Thought it was time to introduce myself!

My Name is Alejandro, I’m from Guatemala and I’ve own Volkswagen cars all my life; it’s a passion I share with my dad.
I own a MK4 Golf GTI and an Mk4 Golf R32 (only 3 were imported to Guatemala) and we recently imported a MK6 Golf GTI from the US (VW Guatemala sells it here but it costs almost as twice as in the US)

I want to ask you guys a question..

When we imported the car, the keys “got lost”, I assume they were robbed in customs or maybe the car only had one key, which is the service key. So I need a new keyfob cut and fully programmed to use in my car, cause I’m sick of using the service key and having the alarm go off every time I unlock the car..

My question is; is it possible to go to a dealer in the US and ask them to sell me a key and program it for my car?? If it’s possible, what would I need to bring to the dealer in order for them to program my key? VIN Number?

And, do you know how much would the key cost??

I’m soon traveling to the US and I would really love to get my key, I’ve tried to contact the dealers in Miami – which is where I’m going - but I haven’t got any answers to my mails.

Oh and if you are wondering, the reason why I don’t do all of this in my local dealer, is because VW Guatemala doesn’t give support to clients with imported cars from the US or another country, they only provide service to people who bought their car in the VW Guatemala dealership.. THEY SUCK!

Thanks for your help!!
I love golfmk6.com

here are a few pics of the rides!

Mk6 (crapy cellphone pic and a bit dirty)

GTI & .:R32

cheers!
:thumbup:

Lös Gehts

Ready to race!
Welcome, Nice cars, As far as the key situation, I would say email a dealer in the city you will visit when in the U.S. and ask them, I think if you have the vin and your registration they can get you a key, I hear they are expensive and need to be programed, not sure if they need your vehicle to do it, which would suck for you, not being able to drop your car off at the dealership since its a few thousand kms away.

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Bienvenidos!
Salvatrucha right here brother :D
Nice mk4 btw

Alejoms

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey Guys! thanks for the welcome!! :)

@FLtroopeer,
Soy de Ciudad de Guatemala, y si, pollo campero es rico.. jaja
Saludos.

RGGTI41510

Ready to race!
Bienvenido chero
Mi novia tambien es chapina/salvadoreña y casi todos mi amigos son centroamericanos. Saludos de San Francisco/Oakland

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
I don't believe so. Your car is actually programmed to the keys not the other way around.

Tapped with my thumbs

Alejoms

Passed Driver's Ed
So, If the car is programmed to the key, is it possible to program the car to a new set of keys?? don't know what else to do.. and I imagine this will be expensive as well..

Que bueno ver que hay varios que hablamos español!! Gracias por sus saludos!

@FLtrooper
Vivo en Ciudad de Guatemala..!