GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HID bulb out error

NickMk61

Ready to race!
Hey sorry if this is another repeated thread.. but I've tried searching and nothing useful came up.. I just installed DDM's HIDs and they work fine.. but now I have a bulb out error.. what vagcom'ing should I do to fix it? Thanks in advance!

allset

Go Kart Champion
in central electric byte 15-34 lok for bulb saver drop down menu. disable front bulb saver. these for fods or aftermarket heads?

allset

Go Kart Champion
thanks for the info.. theyre for aftermarket headlights

i had ddm hids in my heads, if u have eds rep headlams with shutter. u need to disable the bulb saver. its made for filiment bulbs and sends a lower voltage to the bulb as to not shock the filiment for a split second then gives full voltage. that reduction messes with the hid ignitors. also if u have eds reps. enable the "xenon equipped with shutter" bit in central electric. that should do it.

post back after u do it and let me know what happens

Vicegrip

in central electric byte 15-34 lok for bulb saver drop down menu. disable front bulb saver. these for fods or aftermarket heads?

in central electric it only goes up to byte 30... im trying turn this off as well and don't see the drop down menu. anyone had success with this?

allset

Go Kart Champion
in central electric it only goes up to byte 30... im trying turn this off as well and don't see the drop down menu. anyone had success with this?

Could be cent convenience Between those bytes
Been a while since I did it

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
the bulb out warning is in the cluster coding.

allset

Go Kart Champion
Oh I thought he was having hid ballast issues
My bad