GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How much did you pay for your mk6 golf tdi?

aditya369us

Ready to race!
I am planning on buying a 2011 golf tdi. Just wanted to some help on the pricing side. I am looking for a 2door base manual. Also what kind of deals have you guys been getting ? Thanks. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Feyd

It'll really depend on the market... and how much inventory (or lack of) there is to purchase and if you are willing to travel.

If you are willing to hop a plane and drive the car home, you'll find some great deals below invoice... if you want to stay in the Houston market you might be more limited.

I special ordered mine and paid below invoice.. but that's here in Chicago. Might go over to TDIclub.com and poke around.. I'm sure someone can give you some insight into the Houston market.

aditya369us

Ready to race!
the lowest i have gotten so far is about 22k plus ttl for a 2 door base car 6spd, but i have heard of prices as low as 21k + ttl. Just wanted to put that out there. I will be looking in at tdiclub.com as well. Thanks for the info

Mspeed

wow, you guys have cheap cars over there..
i payed 69 000$ for my 2012 Golf TDI here in Norway:iono:

KaiSTrikes_MKVI

Ready to race!
Like a bit over 27K out the door ( with tax , license , destination charge )
it was a base 2D w/DSG ... 25,300 or so ... Purchased back in April 2010
[[ did it for the 1,700 Tax rebate which I did get ]]

So Cost to me ... 27k out the door - 1700 fed rebate ..

path

Ready to race!
Wow, that's a very good deal. So that's a my2011 right ? With NAV I assume ? How much cheaper would a 2 door version of this car be ?

I did not ask about a two door. It was a 2011. I traded a 2010 GTI on it. I told the dealer all I cared about was 4door and bi-xenon, and that the other options made no difference to me (which was true). I was ready to order a car when they offered me this price for a car that was already available.

It was a good deal, I actually quite like the sunroof.

bukit

Prices are all over the place. The Golf TDI is in high demand and most dealers want to charge MSRP. Shop around and don't be afraid to travel. I went to a dealership two hours away and got $1489 below MSRP + TTL. My local dealer would not go below MSRP.

aditya369us

Ready to race!
Prices are all over the place. The Golf TDI is in high demand and most dealers want to charge MSRP. Shop around and don't be afraid to travel. I went to a dealership two hours away and got $1489 below MSRP + TTL. My local dealer would not go below MSRP.

The deals I was getting just two weeks ago I am not able to get now ! Now the best I can do is 23k plus ttl. Two weeks ago it was 22.2k plus ttl. Dealers are saying that fewer and fewer tdi's are coming in , thus they are not bargaining much if any on the cars. Could this have to do with the transition to my2012 or is it because of the "tsunami effect " in Japan as they claim.

engineered2win

Ready to race!
The deals I was getting just two weeks ago I am not able to get now ! Now the best I can do is 23k plus ttl. Two weeks ago it was 22.2k plus ttl. Dealers are saying that fewer and fewer tdi's are coming in , thus they are not bargaining much if any on the cars. Could this have to do with the transition to my2012 or is it because of the "tsunami effect " in Japan as they claim.

I can confirm that. My VW salesman called me last week asking how my TDI was. We got to talking and he was saying they are in very high demand now and he was having a hell of a time finding any. I assume its a mixture of rising fuel costs and dwindling numbers because of the end of the 2011 model year production run. When I bought mine in March I was told I had to wait until the 2012's to custom order one.