GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How much screwed am I?

MonLand

2012 GTI with CBFA engine.

Engine threw a rod a few months ago.

I decided to get a CBFA replacement engine off eBay. I did the timing chains, cleaned up the intake ports (jeez.... much harder than expected! Invest in a walnut blasting equipment! don't waste your time with anything else!), finally yesterday I replaced all the injector seals and started re-assembling the engine.
Only to find out that the "new" air intake was cracked.... Off I go to the GTI to scavenger the old one.
And..... This is when I realized that the secondary air injection port is NOT on the "new to me" engine..... Crap! That can't be CBFA engine!

Anyway..... Four paths I can see:
1) disable SAI on my ECU (I can't find that info on the internet, either lips are very very tight or it can't be done) and use new-to-me engine
2) take old cylinder head and put it on new-to-me block
3) get new cylinder head and put it on new-to-me block
4) get second used engine (and this time verify that there is a secondary air injection port); Technically.... I have a good CCTA engine with new chains installed and intake cleanup (and injector seals replaced......)

In regards to 3), looking briefly, it looks like this is roughly $1000 item (+ head gasket + new bolts)? Anything to help get the cost down or anything else to watch out for?

In regards to 2), based on those pictures (T-30 bit for scale) of the old engine's intake port, is that even viable option (sorry newbie here in regards to touching engines, this is my very first swap and why it's taking me so long to get here [That and the fact that I can only spend a few hours per weekend working on it.....]). I was originally hoping that only a rod was thrown and nothing touched/affected the cylinder head. At this point, I don't want to waste the next available weekend getting the head out if that's to find out it'll be shot:

intake metal shavings.jpg

IMG_5310.jpg