GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to remove Grille? To remove front VW emblem...

p3asa

Ready to race!
Grille looks great. After removing the four screws on the top of the grille, how did you finally remove it?

RiVoT1

Ready to race!
Grille looks great. After removing the four screws on the top of the grille, how did you finally remove it?

it's only clips built into the grille after that, just a matter of pulling forward while kinda pressing down on the bumper piece... as advised here:

There is just plastic clips holding the grill. Try to press the top of the bumper down, and at the same time pull the grill gently up and out.

this pic shows the clips on the bottom of the grille:

RiVoT1

Ready to race!
It looks really good!
i dont know if it would looks as good on my candy white tho
yeah, black and carbon grey could use some contrast, but CW already has enough going on; though i think an all black VW emblem (either gloss or flat) would certainly look good on CW or almost any GTI...

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!
i painted the emblem glossy back on the outside and red on the inside.

Attachments

• IMG_3118.jpg
    IMG_3118.jpg
    349.2 KB · Views: 1,283

RiledMKVI

Could you tell if the GTI badge has a holder that is seperate from the grill (not molded in) so it's removable? I would like to take the GTI badge off, but I don't want a bracket left behind.

GTI-VI

Ready to race!
damn definitely looking fly nice work ! but with the front and rear it would look insane ! dumbs up

ekd

nice job !!! the emblem looks fine, as it matches the car's colour. tmtuning can do custom one's?

i searched their site but i didn't find the emblem..

archetypaul

Passed Driver's Ed
i painted the emblem glossy back on the outside and red on the inside.

love it! been wanting to do glossy black for my CW since i picked it up. How did you go about it? Scratch it up? Primer? What kind of paint? Would love you know your method so I can replicate :)

saucer

Leadfoot
I dunno if it's any different for the TDI, but I had my grille off yesterday and could not figure out how to remove the VW emblem!

any help would be much appreciated :)

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
nice job !!! the emblem looks fine, as it matches the car's colour. tmtuning can do custom one's?

i searched their site but i didn't find the emblem..

Yeah! Bump for some information?? I'm curious too...