GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hub rings on hubcentric spacer

hippiesrock03

Go Kart Champion
You can put a hub ring on top of a hub-centric spacer right?
For example, I buy a 57.1mm hub centric spacer (10mm). My wheels are 73.1mm hub size, I can put a 73.1mm-57.1mm hub ring on it...right?

UNFOGIVABLE

Go Kart Champion
It makes sense, but I know that some spacers have a chamfer at the base of their hubcentric ring, where a seperate ring may not fit on there flush.

I'm not sure. post specific parts?

hippiesrock03

Go Kart Champion
It makes sense, but I know that some spacers have a chamfer at the base of their hubcentric ring, where a seperate ring may not fit on there flush.

I'm not sure. post specific parts?

http://www.42draftdesigns.com/VWAudi-5x112-Wheel-Hubcentric-Wheel-Spacers_p_748.html

I'm confused when I look at the FAQ and they say it will not fit MK6 rear hubs...:confused:

These don't mention it though.
http://www.urotuning.com/42DD-Hubcentric-Wheel-Spacers-10mm-5x112-p/42-812-010.htm

Last edited:

hippiesrock03

Go Kart Champion
-

Last edited:

hippiesrock03

Go Kart Champion
Bump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dewr41

Ready to race!
I might be able to answer your question. I just bought H&R 8mm spacers with the hub centric lip. I have aftermarket wheels with hubcentric rings. The problem I have is that the hub centric ring does not allow the spacer to sit flush on the back of the wheel, the chamfer on the spacer is too big.

Why did they design it like this I hear you say. Well, if you think about it, the OEM hub measures 57.1mm and the spacer has to sit over it so it is a couple of mm bigger. Once the spacer clears the hub it will then taper back down to 57.1mm. Unfortunately, it's that extra couple of mm that means aftermarket wheels with hubcentric rings don't sit flush. The center bore of my aftermarket whees is 66.6mm so my rings are approximately 5mm thick. To get them to fit I will have to machine the inside of the hubcentric ring so it is only a couple of mm thick.

In answer to your question, yes you can use hubcentric rings on hubcentric spacers. If they fit flush or not depends on your hubcentric ring. Your wheels have a bigger centre bore than mine so your hubcentric rings may fit. All hubcentric rings are different, the only way to really know is to buy the spacers and see. Worst comes to worst, you find hubcentric rings that work, machine the inside of the hubcentric ring (or DIY it with a dremel), or return the spacers and live with the offset you got.

GoliathRage

Go Kart Champion