Hurdy's R thread

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
New CF hood fitted.

Saves around 8kg from the front.

Pics....... :D

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
Niiice...:thumbup: looks absolutely gorgeous on your car, and 8Kg saving from a CF hood is impressive! What brand is it?

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
Niiice...:thumbup: looks absolutely gorgeous on your car, and 8Kg saving from a CF hood is impressive! What brand is it?

I bought it sight unseen and don't 100% know the make. Only cost $300 so I thought it was worth a gamble. The guy I bought it off had bought an industrial unit with all CF stuff in it and just wanted rid. :D

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
I bought it sight unseen and don't 100% know the make. Only cost $300 so I thought it was worth a gamble. The guy I bought it off had bought an industrial unit with all CF stuff in it and just wanted rid. :D

You lucky bastard! :D Amazing how it blends well with your car's color :thumbsup:

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion

Slick

GolfR1031

Ready to race!
Beautiful R Hurdy! Great work! Wish we had that color option over here in the states it is beautiful

jinmik

Wow fitment is spot on for 300 cf hood!!! Where can we get a deal like that? I actually like that it is not vented.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
Hurdy I like your hood. Or, bonnet is what you guys call it? I like it unpainted.

Anyway, how do you think the carbon fiber will hold up? Do you wax it just like a painted surface? I'm not too familiar with cf.

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
I had a CF hood on my last car (edition 30) and tracked the car extensively. It held up to stone impacts much better than a painted steel hood would. The downside is that generally the cf lacquer goes yellowish over time, spoiling the effect, around 2-3 years to go off colour.

Looking after it is like any other painted surface. It is just as scratch resistant if not more so than the normal painted/lacquered surfaces.

You won't get this hood for $300 at retail. This is a $900 hood normally. I just fell very lucky.

jinmik

I had a CF hood on my last car (edition 30) and tracked the car extensively. It held up to stone impacts much better than a painted steel hood would. The downside is that generally the cf lacquer goes yellowish over time, spoiling the effect, around 2-3 years to go off colour.

Looking after it is like any other painted surface. It is just as scratch resistant if not more so than the normal painted/lacquered surfaces.

You won't get this hood for $300 at retail. This is a $900 hood normally. I just fell very lucky.

900 is still very good considering the one I eas thinking about getting g from osir costs 2k.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
Update....

A little change in my planned mods. Due to lucky circumstance I will be having a GTX3067R system fitted to my R. Initially I will be running this on stock internals and testing with just pump gas on the ECU to see what it makes. Then it will be onwards using WMI and then with the E-Boost controller to give me the ability to run over 2bar.
Later the car will also have the HPA intake (already on order) along with an Uprated flowed head and race cams. The power will be kept under 500bhp until the rods and pistons are done and then after this I'll see if Clutchpacks and other support mods will be needed.
Some testing at my tuner using a larger throttle body has shown over 20bhp increase on a big turbo conversion and so I will also follow suit.
Stopping power will be addressed and R8 stoppers look my favourite choice of weapon at the moment.
Looking forward to this summer I hope to get very close to tens on the strip and a very quick motor on track.

All followed by the bankruptcy court. LOL

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
Wow that's surely a nice upgrade, but allow me to ask have you considered other options?
Reason I ask is you intend to keep power under 500bhp on stock internals first, but according to Garrett the GTX3067R anyway maxes out at 500bhp, so to go beyond you'll need a GTX3071R...
On another hand if you want to stay below the 500bhp mark you can achieve similar power levels with the LOBA LO4XX while retaining a lot more drivability and spool threshold in the lower rpms than the GT.
...and that's where he tells me he got a deal on the GT for 500$ :bonk: