GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HU's processor is slow!!!

munkey

Ready to race!
btw, does anyone think its the screen size that makes the head unit so slow? And thats maybe why they're going with a smaller size for the next one?

upnthebid

1983 MK1
trigger happy

After driving a few day's, I have learned to make a selection and let the HU catch up before completing the next selection. I have found the Logic in the HU keeps up with where you were if you just hang on and don't get trigger happy.

I agree the processor is not up to computing as we are a custom too. Maybe there will be some firmware updates, however, I am not sure that will fix the computing speed.

p3asa

Ready to race!
It can't be the screen size as my RNS510 and ipod work instantly together. No lag. Maybe it is a euro thing as nobody else complains of the speed in the UK.

KanDyWyte1

Ready to race!
the iPod connection in my MKVI BLOWS!!!! I have 40gig's of music so it makes it IMPOSSIBLE (or at least 2 mins) to find an artist. And I've found if I hit a bump, the cable is soooo sensitive that it will unlog the device and then 10 seconds later recognize it again.

Initially my Bluetooth connection with my iPhone was poor quality; however, after driving the car for a month... something happened and the bluetooth quality started coming in CRISP (the bass actually plays deeper and more crisp than radio/AUX cable)!!!

This setup really needs some user advice!!! A song/artist search option or at least alphabet index is in dire need!!!

OzGTI1

Ready to race!
agreed...it's slow, as is the USB adaptor as well.

SD slot hands down is the fastest, no doubt about it. Through in a class 6+ card and you're laughing. Just keep it under 2000 tracks!!!