GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hyundai Vs. Mercedes

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Yep

Diego Armando

Go Kart Champion
me, grambles and tdi110 are lulz engineers...

RIP335

Go Kart Champion
That's tight I used to work in the engineering field years ago when I was going ro school. For Boeing on the C-17 in long beach, ca and Garrett engine boosting systems in Torrance, ca. Those jobs opened a bunch of doors for me, but I always loved architecture. Right now the market sucks for me but hope fully it'll pick up soon.

Hey if anyone ever needs an architect let me know!

pvivino

Ready to race!
Grambles - if you work for Hyundai or Mercedes, sooner or later you end up driving a Hyundai or a Mercedes. What is the plan? Give the GTI to the fiance? (to replace the 2004 Camry!) She can drive the GTI until she needs to upsize for a Routan in a couple of years.

In all seriousness I used to know an engineer from the Porsche club who got a job with Saturn. Ended up driving a Saturn SL2. He used to take it on the track with the Porsches. He did OK since he was a good driver.

Good luck with either job.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I appreciate it man. They way I see it is...I'm going to keep the GTI. Might get the wife a car through either company (C-class or A Sonata) but I love my GTI too much to trade it in for a Genesis Coupe (unless they get that new turbo engine going, then I might consider).

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
UPDATE:

Still talking back and forth waiting for an answer from Hyundai. Got another Offer from the Government (Air Force to be exact) about a software engineering position for the entire Air Force. Not bad pay. Who knows.

I'll keep yall updated

TDI110

O_o
government jobs usually come with perks, consider wisely! And good on ya man. See education is paying off... no pun intended.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
government jobs usually come with perks, consider wisely! And good on ya man. See education is paying off... no pun intended.

Yeah the fact that I'm a Mechanical Engineer and would doing a software position is making me apprehensive

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Seems I found out some more information about the FED job.

Its a strickly Software Engineering 2 year training position then I'm free to do what I want. NICE pay and big time benefits. Hyundai cant match them, so it might look I'll become a fed.

lulz

Anybody know relatives or friends that work for the government.?

Any Software guys that can chime in with detials about what they do? I want a general idea of Software Eng. only because I'm a BS. Mech Eng.

TDI110

O_o
If the price is right, why not right?! Could they give you a conditional offer after the two years, provided that you do a good job? 2 years sounds a little temporary imo. But hey if the price is right and expectations are met, go for it :thumbsup:

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Its not a temp job. They train me to move into the second phase and basically make all the software for the Air Force.

The price is epic, and I think I'm going to take it

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
No hyundai decision. Took the government position in a heart beat. However, I'll be commuting 180 miles a day.

Thank God I kept the 06 civic.