GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I Cheated on the GTI... Shhh (Abarth Content)

t'sGTI

Go Kart Champion
Personally I like the car and would consider it...
plus I could care less about what anyone else thinks about
my car.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
Personally I like the car and would consider it...
plus I could care less about what anyone else thinks about
my car.

When you reach that nirvana about cars they become alot more fun. Take a look at the collection Jay Leno has as an example.

C4L

Banned
I had a 1974 FIAT X19 and would never buy another FIAT again (too mechanically unreliable). It was a really fun car though. Have seen a few 500s on the road and they are just too small.

So you wouldn't buy a 2012 Fiat because of a poor reliability experience with a 1974 Fiat??

Whatever works I suppose.

They are quite small though. Good for people in large metro areas, not good for the other 80% of America.

C4L

Banned
The footage of the Q7 vs. the 50 makes me cringe...

You never know what is best in a car accident, because you never know what might hit you. Just be a good driver!

The drivers head in the 500 falls off!!!

It is pretty scary because an Audi Q7, while large, is a very common sized vehicle in the US. Same size as an Explorer or Traverse or Pilot or even a minivan. Even a Ford Taurus or Dodge Charger or Impala or something might be similar.

I will stick with my IIHS Top Safety Picks VW (of which there are 9 to choose from with the accolade).

WAP

Go Kart Champion
Sold mine with almost 20k miles zero issues. Held up well and ran fantastic. The car is well made and selling very well here in Europe. The clubs and tuner support are amazing.

Even if your 'date' thinks otherwise lol! Im amazed at what is posted here about a car few of you have ever lived with. No loss just keep worrying about what other people think rather than live your own life in the car world.

I certainly wasnt thinking that when I considered the GTI before the sale of the Abarth.

As far as all the doom and gloom of crashing go.....just dont drive you will be happier! :)

Glad Im willing to take some risk in life at least. Life's too short to live in fear. What fun is that.

ALL of this ^^^^^. Every word.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
remember that a U.S. Spec and Euro spec are literally TOTALLY different cars. Only thing they share is exterior appearance.

Whats different about them?

2010GTi Carbon

Ready to race!

2.0t_convert

Ready to race!
Whats different about them?

Basically under the skin the US is getting an updated platform before Europe gets it. Updated engine, transmissions, suspension, and some modifications for the US such as more sound insulation.

Big difference for the Abarth is US gets standard the new version of the engine just for the European Abarth Esseesse.

Abarth Esseesse -158 hp
Euro Abarth - 135 hp
US Abarth - 160 hp.

rasetsu

Ready to race!
Abarth 500 was what I was lusting after until I actually saw the interior dimensions of one in person. The rear hatch space was just too small.

I'm suprised by some of the attitudes on here about the perceived unreliability and penile extension worthiness of the car. Am I still on a VW forum? Last I checked, VW is still trying to get over its reputation of having electrical problems and if you bought a GTI to bag chicks, then you bought the wrong car.

McQueen77

Banned
all i can think of with these cars is the j-lo commercial. i know thats not an abarth and a more base fiat, but they look the same and are just gayer than gay. queerer than a 3 dollar bill. sorry charlie. i dont care if the exhaust shoots out gold coins.. ultra gay.

super constructive post, i know

JoeVDub

Go Kart Champion
Can't believe no one noticed that it sounds exactly like a srt4. However, I'd take a neon before this thing. Should be named the A-Shart.