GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I just noticed

Peachaz

Ready to race!
I just noticed that when you change the setting for a remote key (say from one push unlock drivers door two push unlock all to one push unlock all), only the key you are using changes. When I use the spare, it is still set to default. This way each key (or driver) can have their preferences when driving the GTI.

jasunto

Ready to race!
if you hit blinker left or right quickly and release but not click it all the way on, it blinks a couple of times for passing

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
I just noticed - that the car came with a trial subscription to Sirius Radio.
I found this out by looking at the window sticker that the dealer gave me with the car.
No one told me, and I may not have known had I not looked at the window sticker today...

GT5050

Passed Driver's Ed
I just noticed that when you change the setting for a remote key (say from one push unlock drivers door two push unlock all to one push unlock all), only the key you are using changes. When I use the spare, it is still set to default. This way each key (or driver) can have their preferences when driving the GTI.

How do you set the key fob? Can't find anything in the owners manual about this, nor in my MFI...

And I'll add something I did notice, that all 4 windows on my car have one touch auto up/down feature. In the brochure it says for front windows only and from the drivers side only...

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
I just noticed - that the car came with a trial subscription to Sirius Radio.
I found this out by looking at the window sticker that the dealer gave me with the car.
No one told me, and I may not have known had I not looked at the window sticker today...

My wife's beetle also has the Sirius radio and it came with a 6 month trial, and while the Sirius worked it only had a limited number of stations. on the way home i called Sirius and after going thru the activation procedure all the channels became active. my gti was fully activated when i got it, but insure yours is as well.
:)

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
My wife's beetle also has the Sirius radio and it came with a 6 month trial, and while the Sirius worked it only had a limited number of stations. on the way home i called Sirius and after going thru the activation procedure all the channels became active. my gti was fully activated when i got it, but insure yours is as well.
:)

Well, I noticed that I don't have Opie & Anthony - I checked that out on my morning drivr today.
I may have to do something about that...

Daniel1

Passed Driver's Ed
How do you set the key fob? Can't find anything in the owners manual about this, nor in my MFI...

And I'll add something I did notice, that all 4 windows on my car have one touch auto up/down feature. In the brochure it says for front windows only and from the drivers side only...

You can actually change that on the MFD menu under Convinient sub menu

Daniel1

Passed Driver's Ed
Did you guys noticed that the closing of the windows via the remote control also closes the sunroof if it was open.

XI ShinE XI

I just noticed that the owner's manual includes the HomeLink Universal Transmitter on the sun visor but my car does not have it. I was hoping to set my garage door remote on the transmitter. I have the sunroof package btw. Does it come with the navigation package or the autobahn package?

GT5050

Passed Driver's Ed
You can actually change that on the MFD menu under Convinient sub menu

Dammit I don't think I have that. The only thing I was able to set was whether my doors all open when I open the drivers door (from the inside not with the fob) or not. But on my fob unlock needs to be pushed twice to unlock all doors.

jbcritch

Go Kart Champion
I just noticed that the owner's manual includes the HomeLink Universal Transmitter on the sun visor but my car does not have it. I was hoping to set my garage door remote on the transmitter. I have the sunroof package btw. Does it come with the navigation package or the autobahn package?

Nope. We don't get it. You can add the OEM visor for between $200 - $400 or you can do what I did and add an auto dimming rear view mirror with homelink for $169.