GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I'm an Ironman!

EMSGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Great write up and very inspiring. Congrats. Ive done a reverse sprint triathlon and that was tuff, I cant even imagine how difficult it was for you.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Wow, amazing man, congrats on the finish, your time is really impressive (I mean, finishing period is impressive enough). Congrats!

lamb110

Go Kart Champion

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Thanks.

Whoever asked about the pro triathletes. The winner came in at 8:21, the rest ranged from the mid 8 hour range to the mid 10 hour range. Technically I beat 3 pros who didn't finish :)

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Yeah in the 7 years of having an Ironman event in Louisville Kentucky that was the fastest time ever posted. The did did the 2.4 mile swim in 48 minutes, he averaged 25 mph on the bike for 112 miles, and did the whole marathon averaging 6:45 minute miles. It's unhuman.

jbcritch

Go Kart Champion
Awesome work! I've just started on my trek to exercise, and will be running my first half marathon this November and the Marine Corps Marathon next year. I hope to do a 50K trail run in there somewhere and then I'd like to try a half Iron and then a full Iron...but I suppose I'll be 50 years old by the time that happens (I'm 44 now).

Well done!

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
^^^ Ironman Chattanooga was just announced for the next 5 years.

I found a cool pic of the swim

I got some of the professional event photos today.

Rockin' my Blackhawks bike jersey

Crossing the finish line after 140.6 miles

HardCandy

Go Kart Champion
Great post man! I enjoyed reading that very much.

I'm actually inspired, Hats off to you and your wife sir!

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
I'm 29. I didn't start doing triathlons until last year. My wife and I decided to sign up for a half ironman like 90 days out. At tht point we had never done a Tri and neither of us had ever actually swam (other then messing around with boats and in lake and stuff like that. We signed up for adult swim lessons with a triathlon coach twice a week for 3 weeks and a local sprint with a pool swim and local Olympic distance with an open water swim to kinda practice and figure out what were doing. Then we did the half ironman in Michigan. This Ironman was exactly 1 year to do the day after doing the half.