GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I'm Pissed!

citrin1893

Ready to race!
Ok so I had my 5k oil change today, so while i was at the dealership I asked them AGAIN to try to take care of these things on my hood. They then proceed to send me to the collision center and the guy there said that they could buff it and then wet sand it, but then they might get under the clear coat and havta repaint the hood. The buffer guy sent a report back to my dealership and now I'm waiting on the dealership to call me and tell me if I'm gonna be covered for this. That's ridiculous because i found these things the second I first got my car home. WTF!!!!!!

These are the things btw:
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5953

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Well, it sounds like they're trying to work with you. If they don't end up satisfying you just escalate it with the dealer. If not, contact VWoA.

Would have been handier to continue in your original thread instead of creating a 2nd one so we don't have to hunt down your issue.

kennega

Ready to race!
Did you try a claybar? Have you used a solvent on it yet? I'd try something like fuel injector cleaner to rub over it with a microfiber cloth, see if it comes up. Just clean up the area you do that with and re-apply wax.

CGTI

Ready to race!
no, it was to determine if it was in the paint, or on the paint.

then use a clay bar. a little less invasive. If it is on the surface clay will take it off. If is is partially imbedded, use as light a polish as possible with a DA. If neither of these work it is too far in the paint to mend without repair

Drunknfoo

Ready to race!
Assuming you already attempted to clay it off, and the haze/stain wasn't there when you first bought the car, my recommendation would be to find someone with a porter cable or an orbital (or buy one), use a cutting pad and an abbrasive polish and see if it cuts it out.

If not, I can only assume someone spilled paint thinner on the hood messed up the clear coat and quickly wiped it off but not completely which caused the effect.