GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intake Manifold Warranty on Tune

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Has anyone got their intake manifold replaced after they have been flagged due to a tune?

If so, where at?

GibbyGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I had a Unitronic Stage 1+ tune, went to the dealership for a new intake manifold, I kept quiet, they replaced it no questions asked.

I did however lose the tune due to an ECM change, so I need to book a trip back to the tuner.

VW Upper James in Hamilton. Not sure if this answers your question, but this was my first visit to a dealer after getting tuned.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I did way back when on my GTI, yes. Then again, the dealer is fairly mod friendly, even sells APR.

Kato

Ready to race!
Mike you sure your car has been flagged as TD1?

My understanding is, with a mod friendly dealer, they can scan your car with an offline scanner, and still able to complete the warranty work. Catch is, without an online scanner, VW Canada will not reimburse them for the diagnosis work, so you will have to pay the $100ish diagnosis fee.

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, unfortunately I'm flagged. I sent an e-mail to VW Canada to see what can be done. This intake manifold is always troublesome...

The intake flapper isn't working properly so I'm getting some small symptoms of it.

No power loss (or minimal), and sometimes I get the 100-200 rpm flutation at idle. I ran through the intake flapper adaptation through VCDS but it comes back after a drive. Sigh.

nik

Go Kart Champion
Unfortunately we don't have the ability to use magnusson munroe or whatever it is called up here. Aka The prove my mod broke the part card. I'm not sure how successful using that is south of the border.

Sent from the crapper using Fapatalk

zVp

Go Kart Champion
I spoke to Don Valley, Maple and Georgetown and no avail.

The only helpful one was Don Valley. I think the same quote is around 700-800 to replace it.

I'm actually very near the upper limit of km of the extended warranty VW Canada gave so I hope I can get it fixed before I go out of that lol

forwardlean

Go Kart Champion
I've had really good experiences with the Pickering VW dealer. I'm not tuned...but I know they deal with tuned cars and have no issues with mods. I seem to recall they took care of an intake manifold on a stage 2 car on here.

Frank?

MKVIFrank

Passed Driver's Ed
I've had really good experiences with the Pickering VW dealer. I'm not tuned...but I know they deal with tuned cars and have no issues with mods. I seem to recall they took care of an intake manifold on a stage 2 car on here.

Frank?

I've been summoned! I had a P2015 code (manifold failure - intake runner flap) diagnosed by Motorfabrik earlier this year and took it in to Pickering VW to get it fixed.

I had approximately 60k on the engine with an APR tune. Pickering VW diagnosed and confirmed the P2015 code and fixed it under warranty. The only thing I paid for was the carbon cleaning which made sense since they already had the manifold out and the valves exposed so it's definitely something worth doing. Night and day difference in performance with the cleaning to be honest so go ahead and get it done.

Definitely can give a big recommendation to Pickering VW. :thumbup:

GibbyGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
The only thing I paid for was the carbon cleaning which made sense since they already had the manifold out and the valves exposed so it's definitely something worth doing.

How much did that cost? My dealer charged 300 tax in.

zVp

Go Kart Champion
I've been summoned! I had a P2015 code (manifold failure - intake runner flap) diagnosed by Motorfabrik earlier this year and took it in to Pickering VW to get it fixed.

I had approximately 60k on the engine with an APR tune. Pickering VW diagnosed and confirmed the P2015 code and fixed it under warranty. The only thing I paid for was the carbon cleaning which made sense since they already had the manifold out and the valves exposed so it's definitely something worth doing. Night and day difference in performance with the cleaning to be honest so go ahead and get it done.

Definitely can give a big recommendation to Pickering VW. :thumbup:

LOL!

I'll shoot them an e-mail. Do you know which person you dealt with?

I've had my carbon clean done at MotorFabrik a bit ago, but I might as well get it done again lol. Do you know if they walnut shell blast it or use chemicals? Or do it the whole fashion way, scrubbing?

Thanks!

MKVIFrank

Passed Driver's Ed
LOL!

I'll shoot them an e-mail. Do you know which person you dealt with?

I've had my carbon clean done at MotorFabrik a bit ago, but I might as well get it done again lol. Do you know if they walnut shell blast it or use chemicals? Or do it the whole fashion way, scrubbing?

Thanks!

There's two guys, Shane and Kevin. Both really good. I wouldn't email, just pick up the phone and set an appointment.

They sadly don't have a walnut machine at PK VW but they do it with chemicals and elbow grease!

zVp

Go Kart Champion
There's two guys, Shane and Kevin. Both really good. I wouldn't email, just pick up the phone and set an appointment.

They sadly don't have a walnut machine at PK VW but they do it with chemicals and elbow grease!

Thanks Frank! I'll call Kevin tomorrow to see what he can do for me - curious to see what they say about being tuned, though.