GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intermittent Lightbulb warning

mrCleanBoy

I have been getting the lightbulb warning set intermittently for a long time. Sometimes its there, sometimes it is not. I have checked all lamps thoroughly several times and they all seem to be fine and working.

I understand from my research online that aftermarket lamps can trigger the fault but I do not have any LED's.

How can I fault trace and fix this?

Car details
VW Golf mk6 2012 (build 2011)
1.6L multifuel

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
It just happens, mine tends to come on during the rain, and next time I start the car its off.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
When the light pops up on your dash, it tells you which light to check. You can go through a menu or something for it to show you the warnings, and it should tell you then too.

mrCleanBoy

When the light pops up on your dash, it tells you which light to check. You can go through a menu or something for it to show you the warnings, and it should tell you then too.
My dasboard computer does not have this functionality. It only presents fuel consumption, speed, mileage.

I tried hooking up a cheap obd2 bluetooth reader but it claims no faults are present even though i run it when the light in the dash is on

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
But you do get a warning light when starting the car right?
It should look like this and tell you which lights to check

mrCleanBoy

But you do get a warning light when starting the car right?
It should look like this and tell you which lights to check
IMG_2317.jpeg

My user interface is different. Unfortunately not in focus in this picture, but it gives me no information.

I only get the yellow lightbulb.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Hmm, usually on startup it should tell you what to look for.
Its not for interior lights since if those are shot, the warning light won't come on.
Have someone do a walkaround as you do indicators, brakes, and brights.