GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Its been a long time coming. RAI 3in Turbo Back Exhaust Clip

ImAuthenticFTW

Go Kart Champion
I've gotta bump this after hearing it at their shop today I'm sold! Seriously this thing sounds amazing! Quiet as can be at idle, can't even tell an exhaust is on the car. Once you put the throttle down it gets intense though, very sexy exhaust. Once the funds get here it's going right on my car.

Btw expect some great things coming from RAI for the mk6. That's all I'm going to say for now.

I'm not looking to argue but PLEASE help me understand this.

How did this video 100% change your mind? I'm not looking to be a jerk or anything but I'm having a hard time figuring out how the sound quality from a gopro in the muffled 120+ wind proof case possibly can give you any idea of how the exhaust sounded, or will sound, especially enough to change your mind 100%.

Again, not trying to argue, just trying to understand.

http://vimeo.com/21905488
http://vimeo.com/21953055

Yeah im local and heard it in person, i HATE judging exhausts off video alone and HAVE to hear in person

Last edited:

ImAuthenticFTW

Go Kart Champion
I wouldn't buy this exhaust on the sound clip alone...I think it sounds like a ricer!!

like Arin said, video does it no justice, wait until someone comes with a really good video displaying the sounds this exhaust makes!

oh and you also cant judge from just a free rev, under load it sounds a ton different (better)

Ryan741

Passed Driver's Ed
Just ordered today. Post review when I get it.:thumbup:

JhnR

Banned
who sells they're cat backs and how much are they?

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
Just wanna say that yes ....some exhaust clips can be decieving and under load its always going to sound different and better. My Ultimate Racing setup is the same way.

With that said....I can say that while I prefer not to have a muffler in the rear (my only gripe with this system which isn't really a real gripe)..........................................................This is a nice system. I've been under the very K04 car that this is installed on while it was on the lift so the exhaust system was what.....a foot from my face lol. The guys at RAI know how to weld and use the right steel and the vbands looked nice too. Not to mention they (like Ultimate Racing) will make you whatever setup you want really. If you don't want the muffler in the rear or something else....I'm sure they would work something out with you. Its really black and white. Either a system is shit and sounds like ass or won't hold up for the money you are paying.........or it is a nice system. This one in my judgement....is a nice system made in house and like I said...most likely customizable.

Just thought I'd share.

and do the dude that ordered one....please do post a review because I'm willing to bet the tone of the system is nice. Just make a driveby and a take off video.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

FNR32

Ready to race!
As soon as the exhaust gets here i'll post up a review within a few days complete with vids and photos!

Will@R.A.I.

Ready to race!
are they instock and ready to go or is there a wait on them?

Our Fab dept has been swamped lately, so there's a little bit of a wait. Typically we shoot for 5-10 business days. These exhaust systems are built by hand and to the customer's specs to insure you guys receive the absolute best quality system possible. No cutting corners here.

who sells they're cat backs and how much are they?

We sell them on our site. Click here!

Just wanna say that yes ....some exhaust clips can be decieving and under load its always going to sound different and better. My Ultimate Racing setup is the same way.

With that said....I can say that while I prefer not to have a muffler in the rear (my only gripe with this system which isn't really a real gripe)..........................................................This is a nice system. I've been under the very K04 car that this is installed on while it was on the lift so the exhaust system was what.....a foot from my face lol. The guys at RAI know how to weld and use the right steel and the vbands looked nice too. Not to mention they (like Ultimate Racing) will make you whatever setup you want really. If you don't want the muffler in the rear or something else....I'm sure they would work something out with you. Its really black and white. Either a system is shit and sounds like ass or won't hold up for the money you are paying.........or it is a nice system. This one in my judgement....is a nice system made in house and like I said...most likely customizable.

Just thought I'd share.

.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

This is true, we can customize the exhaust to your preference. All our exhaust's are 100% TIG Welded and constructed of T304 Stainless. We use counter bored V-Bands and Premium Grade Stainless Steel T-bolt clamps. At the risk of sounding redundant, these exhaust systems are built to insure we deliver the absolute best quality system possible. In our opinion you would be hard pressed to find another exhaust that offers the same level of quality, performance and attention to detail.

I'll wrap up with a few pictures of FNR32's exhaust before it ships out.

FNR32

Ready to race!
Looks great. I am very excited. Depending on when it gets here I may be able to have pics and sound clips posted by the weekend.

norsairius

Go Kart Newbie
man, this might be the best inline-4 cylinder exhaust I've heard. I'd like more videos though for reference, maybe some drive-by and takeoff videos?

I'd be interested in just a catback setup too.