GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jack stand locations?

micah360

Ready to race!
I guess mine aren't really bent per se... just a bit smushed up from jacking it up all the time too.

Hmm....never bent mine, and I had that thing on the jack all the time

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Well there's a waxy coating & then a foam like coating over the metal...that'll flake/bend off eventually

Clempson13

Ready to race!
nm

doofus

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm trying to life the front and rear separately, do I have the right steps here?

Lifting front only :

1) Jack up front right at jack point with jack, put jack stand under right control arm mount, lower jack.
2) Jack up front left at jack point with jack, put jack stand under left control arm mount, lower jack.

Lifting rear only :

1) Jack up front right at jack point with jack, put jack stand in rear right jack point, lower jack
2) Jack up front left at jack point with jack, put jack stand in rear left jack point, lower jack

Last edited:

BOOGATA

Ready to race!
I'm trying to jack the front only, do I have the right steps here ?

1) Jack up front right at jack point with jack, put jack stand under right control arm mount, lower jack.
2) Jack up front left at jack point with jack, put jack stand under left control arm mount, lower jack.

yup

doofus

Passed Driver's Ed
what about rear only? :

1) Jack up front right at jack point with jack, put jack stand in rear right jack point, lower jack
2) Jack up front left at jack point with jack, put jack stand in rear left jack point, lower jack

BOOGATA

Ready to race!
what about rear only? :

thats how i do it!

fatty@golfmk6.com

Go Kart Champion
this sucks.
my car doesn't have those indented arrows or anything so I have no idea where to put the lift and when I tried to lift the car the black foam/mold thing got compressed so now I am giving up. Gonna try again on sunday

jerm

Ready to race!
The indention/arrows are under the rubberized coating on the 2011's. The black foam/mold that you are talking about will compress a little after use.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
The rail also is doubled up in thickness where you can put the jack. There is a section about 6" long or so.

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
There is also a bar in the rear, (NOT THE SWAY BAR), that I've used to lift only the rear.

It's a more central lifting location that lifts both sides at once.

Might not have been ideal, but it worked in a pinch.

fatty@golfmk6.com

Go Kart Champion
The indention/arrows are under the rubberized coating on the 2011's. The black foam/mold that you are talking about will compress a little after use.

so am i supposed to place the lift on the black foam/mold

I tried following this picture but it didn't work out that way

mkviken

Ready to race!
you can jack the car on the reinforced sill below the arrows. just put a block of wood under it to stop the under seal getting damaged.

mkviken

Ready to race!
it does have arrows they're just hard to spot due to the underseal. they're pressed into the sill panel - little triangle pointing down. look side on to the car and you will see them. one front and one rear about a foot in from the wheel arch

the wood won't break honestly. i have used this method about 6 times on my 2011 now. you could use rubber or plastic if you wanted i suppose.

once up i place my axle stands under the lift pads i bought from audi.