GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

James_P's Build Thread

James_P

Whats up guys, my names James and im 19 years old from South Jersey( 5 mins from Philly) Not sure if this is the right spot to post in, but i didnt wanna put it in the member car journals, because its not really a build, so mods please move if im in the wrong spot. I pretty much have loved vw's since i was young, and i found this car and had to jump on it. I was always told if i work hard i can have anything i want, and this is my first major purchase. Im a full time college student, and work part time up to 70 hours a week between school. I came from a list of hondas, the last being a 7th gen Accord sedan which i had stanced out on coils and huge wheels. I purchased a 2011 mk6 GTI with 14,xxx miles on it, on saturday. Its a 6 speed, plaid interior with bluetooth and satellite radio. I wasnt looking for a sun roof because my accord gave me alot of problems, so this car was perfect for me. Anyway, onto the pics!

I plan on doing air from bagriders, wheels(not sure what ones or sizes yet) intake, turbo back exhaust and stage 1 for now. Any tips or anything would be highly appreciated!

Lou Maiuri

Banned
Whats up guys, my names James and im 19 years old from South Jersey( 5 mins from Philly) Not sure if this is the right spot to post in, but i didnt wanna put it in the member car journals, because its not really a build, so mods please move if im in the wrong spot. I pretty much have loved vw's since i was young, and i found this car and had to jump on it. I was always told if i work hard i can have anything i want, and this is my first major purchase. Im a full time college student, and work part time up to 70 hours a week between school. I came from a list of hondas, the last being a 7th gen Accord sedan which i had stanced out on coils and huge wheels. I purchased a 2011 mk6 GTI with 14,xxx miles on it, on saturday. Its a 6 speed, plaid interior with bluetooth and satellite radio. I wasnt looking for a sun roof because my accord gave me alot of problems, so this car was perfect for me. Anyway, onto the pics!

I plan on doing air from bagriders, wheels(not sure what ones or sizes yet) intake, turbo back exhaust and stage 1 for now. Any tips or anything would be highly appreciated!

Welcome to the German side of things bro, glad to have you! For mods, read Grambles sticky thread on paths to take and different brands.

James_P

ok thanks man! im looking forward to learn more

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
Nice to see a hard working 19 yr old who actually deserves a GTI. Congrats :thumbsup:

Advice...mods can be addicting but just don't forget to do basic maintenance on the car. I had a few friends in college a couple of years ago that made that mistake. Other than that have fun

James_P

I have a friend who is a bit older who has a '10 gti and he never changed his oil or timing belt when he hit 70k miles and he just paid $8500 for a new motor....I've grown up around cars so basic maintenance is never forgotten. I'm actually gonna change the oil this week because there's no recent record of when it was last changed. But thank you!

James_P

Part time job @ 70hrs/week!?!?!?!?!! That's more than full time!! Congrats anyway.

Lol I know, I work mostly 2nd shift from noon to about midnight 6 days a week. Summer is only worse.... I'm thankful for my job though, a lot of kids my age I know barley work..

James_P

Just a little update, air ride will be here Monday. I plan on running the lines and harness throughout the week, maybe struts that weekend? Il post pictures when they get here

James_P

For anyone who cares, air ride came in and i installed it during the week and finished it up today. I go for a notch tm at noon.

the trunk i made a false floor out of plywood and found fabric that matches the oem carpet pretty well. i think it looks really good. Ive only ridden around the block but it seemed a little stiff.
What is your guys ride height pressure?

mikeleemk6

Go Kart Champion
Wow that looks great man.....what kit did you end up going with? Was the install pretty self explanatory? Manual kit or Auto?

James_P

thanks man! I went with the kit from BagRiders with autopilot v2 as management. install was pretty straight forward, wiring is easy as there is only 3 cables. Its an analog system