GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just installed new suspension(Koni Sport and H&R Sport)

swc

Passed Driver's Ed
What a nice combo set up! This gives me a perfect height and handling performance and ride quality is even better. I was originally looking into used coilovers less than $1k but ended up going with this set up. Adjustable damping is a big plus as I do tracking my GTI 3~4 times a year. Stiffness of soft and firm setting is day and night. Soft setting rides better than stock and max firm setting drives it like on the rail. I'm so happy with my choice and didn't go to cheap coilovers. For around $700, I'm sure this is one of the best option for sure.

No pictures yet because my car is so dirty now.:( Plus my car sits just like other H&R Sport springs equipped GTIs. ;) But here are couple of pics during installation. Look at the last pic of broken OEM rear spring! :eek:
However I haven't noticed it until I took it off.

_Remy_

Passed Driver's Ed
Install question on koni rears -

I opened the box yesterday for rear koni sports and noticed the shock is fully compressed and doesn't extend on it's own. I'm guessing now is the best time to adjust them but curious on how to get them to their 'proper' extended position.

Did you simply pull the shock to it's full extended position and it's good from there?

Flame suit ready but I'll take a closer look this weekend.

EricVdB

Passed Driver's Ed
All the Koni's I've had on other cars have extended out when you cut the binding strap...Both rears are like that?

AM407

Autocross Champion

I opened the box yesterday for rear koni sports and noticed the shock is fully compressed and doesn't extend on it's own. I'm guessing now is the best time to adjust them but curious on how to get them to their 'proper' extended position.

Did you simply pull the shock to it's full extended position and it's good from there?

I just put four Koni Sports on my car and none of them would extend on their own. You just have to pull the shaft.

I've had other shocks/struts that were pressurized and extended on their own (Tokicos, Bilsteins), but I'm pretty sure the Konis aren't supposed to. Just a different design.

_Remy_

Passed Driver's Ed
I just put four Koni Sports on my car and none of them would extend on their own. You just have to pull the shaft.

I've had other shocks/struts that were pressurized and extended on their own (Tokicos, Bilsteins), but I'm pretty sure the Konis aren't supposed to. Just a different design.

thanks for the confirmation. i agree, my current bilsteins came fully extended.

too bad one of the them won't compress :(

blue2.8

Ready to race!
saw this pic and thought the springs I sold you broke! haha glad that's not the case

swc

Passed Driver's Ed

Mine does the same thing on all 4. They don't extend on their own. However I heard that after few compress/extend cycles, they would extend like normal.

swc

Passed Driver's Ed
saw this pic and thought the springs I sold you broke! haha glad that's not the case

Yeah haha. If that's the case, I would have contacted you already.:)

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
I have Koni yellows and they do not extend on their own. Just adjust to soft and pull them out and then readjust to your liking for dampening.