GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just read DINAN aquired APR

jon570

Ready to race!
Will this affect anything with the APR side of things like tunes and parts? Or will all operate at normal?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Last time APR changed management they quit doing the fully loaded sales, quit doing free stage 2 upgrades, and started selling an overpriced downpipe with a free stage 2 upgrade. I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happened again.

I don't see a lot of comments and reviews about Dinan, but the ones I found were generally bad.

jon570

Ready to race!

The way i read it, "APR is pleased to announce it is now a part of Driven Performance Brands (“DPB”)", to me that means DPB aquired APR. Whether they bought them or signed them on as a "partner" per-say. Means the same to me, that APR no longer makes their own decisions. Instead of having 2 or 3 people make APR decisions, they have to now clear it with 6 or 7. (numbers made up, idk how many people make decisions at each company but they assumingly would be sharing roles in development and company paths. )

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
The way i read it, "APR is pleased to announce it is now a part of Driven Performance Brands (“DPB”)", to me that means DPB aquired APR. Whether they bought them or signed them on as a "partner" per-say. Means the same to me, that APR no longer makes their own decisions. Instead of having 2 or 3 people make APR decisions, they have to now clear it with 6 or 7. (numbers made up, idk how many people make decisions at each company but they assumingly would be sharing roles in development and company paths. )

Prior to the other day, we were owned by Mangrove Equity. We're now owned by Driven Performance Brands. They understand this market. They've done it successfully for over 65 years. Exciting times ahead. :)

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie

APR was owned by Mangrove. A private equity firm. DPB is owned by Sentinel. Another private equity firm. APR wasn't doing real well when they were making the decisions. Hence being bought buy a private equity firm the first time.

jon570

Ready to race!
Prior to the other day, we were owned by Mangrove Equity. We're now owned by Driven Performance Brands. They understand this market. They've done it successfully for over 65 years. Exciting times ahead. :)

There should be a "change in partners flash sale" :D. But thanks Arin for chiming in.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

Uberryan

Banned
there should be an uhhh free donuts and sack of unmarked bills with every downpipe purchase deal...

FriggenT1

Banned

They've been tuning vws for 65 years? Lol