GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

k04 Gti vs Motorcycle

m0oZ1

Passed Driver's Ed
Given that this is the Versus section, shouldn't both participants be aware that they are racing? I have seen a few of your other videos, the camaro and mustang and some others that I don't recall so well. Most seem legit, but I agree with Dallen a bit here, you are suffering from delusions of gandeur my friend if you think K04 blows by a sportbike that has a third of the power and a tenth of the weight of your GTI. :)

Thanks for your other vids, this one however sucked. ;)

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
My run with a gsxr 600

I could have done a bit better but just had too much wheel spin as you can hear in the vid. Still no match though.

dallen13

Ready to race!
My run with a gsxr 600

I could have done a bit better but just had too much wheel spin as you can hear in the vid. Still no match though.

That looks about right. If OP was driving your car he would have pulled it.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Yeah in this vid by OP The biker obviously short shifted at like 8k, if that.

By my estimation looking at OP's video again, the biker didn't realize the GTI was tuned with a turbo upgrade. So instead of winding it out through a turn he shifted short and shifted sloppily. By the time they were at speed the biker didn't want to risk winding out 4th gear to get into the powerband at 120+mph. Which is the safe call, we can't blame him for that. Just imagine, that same effort by the biker would have run away from a stock GTI.

So yes, I think the biker was kinda racing in the same way a GTI owner would 'race' a fart-can civic out of a stoplight. He didn't give it all he had because he didn't think it was necessary. He just wanted to get out front. Now imagine that fart-can civic is actually a k20 swap. Midway through the race the GTI owner tries to catch up, but due to shifting early and turbo lag, can't. You'd see a similar 'race' to the one in the OP.

dallen13

Ready to race!
He didnt even flip his visor down. The Kuwaiti squid had no intention of going fast. Squids usually tuck at 60mph as well.

GTi Guy1

Ready to race!
By my estimation looking at OP's video again, the biker didn't realize the GTI was tuned with a turbo upgrade. So instead of winding it out through a turn he shifted short and shifted sloppily. By the time they were at speed the biker didn't want to risk winding out 4th gear to get into the powerband at 120+mph. Which is the safe call, we can't blame him for that. Just imagine, that same effort by the biker would have run away from a stock GTI.

So yes, I think the biker was kinda racing in the same way a GTI owner would 'race' a fart-can civic out of a stoplight. He didn't give it all he had because he didn't think it was necessary. He just wanted to get out front. Now imagine that fart-can civic is actually a k20 swap. Midway through the race the GTI owner tries to catch up, but due to shifting early and turbo lag, can't. You'd see a similar 'race' to the one in the OP.

finally , some one with a brain who can give logical analysis , this is exactly what happened he didn't give full throttle at first because he thought he can jump in the front with little throttle, and I was doing my best if he continued racing he will win no DOUBTS , and for the million time I didn't think that I was winning I was just happy with my performance .

dallen13

Ready to race!
Are you going pro this year? Who will you be driving for at this years Bahrain GP? Redbull? Ferrari?

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
ill never understand the hate on this thread. thanks for the videos..its winter for most of us. people must be getting grumpy cause of the cold darkness. thanks for posting, love to see your k04 gti race some regular everyday cars..base honda civics, mazda 3's etc...one of the most appealing things to me is that our cars are still faster than majority of eco base cars on the road now a days. On an average commute being a car enthusiast knowing general car stats, that 95% of the vehicles i see i can beat and thats good enough for me.

TheMKVI

Go Kart Champion
finally , some one with a brain who can give logical analysis , this is exactly what happened he didn't give full throttle at first because he thought he can jump in the front with little throttle, and I was doing my best if he continued racing he will win no DOUBTS , and for the million time I didn't think that I was winning I was just happy with my performance .

Gee thanks for the epic vid of a K04 GTI vs a bike who never even went full throttle.

Some of your videos are good but this is just stupid. you may as well record yourself sitting in rush hour traffic.

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
Gee thanks for the epic vid of a K04 GTI vs a bike who never even went full throttle.

Some of your videos are good but this is just stupid. you may as well record yourself sitting in rush hour traffic.

Dude, I enjoy reading your posts. You give me the lolz. :thumbsup: