GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 vs F23T

urbanevil

Ready to race!
OK so in the next 90 days I will be choosing my new turbo. I'm deadlocked between the CTS K04 kit, or F23T from Frankenturbo.

I would like anyone with 1st hand experience of either. I'm not looking to start any bashing,flaming, etc.. Just want the facts.

Thanks in advance!

Matt

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
I have a F23T:

-I do not know if this is a problem with all TOP, but I had leaking issues with the Frankenturbo TOP on the end that connects to the intercooler hose. I made something to fix the problem, but just know it's an issue.

-The GFB DV+ didn't seem to work well with my f23t. The turbosmart DV does though.

-MOST IMPORTANTLY I'm a dumbass and more qualified people should be on here soon to help you out.

urbanevil

Ready to race!
I have a F23T:

-I do not know if this is a problem with all TOP, but I had leaking issues with the Frankenturbo TOP on the end that connects to the intercooler hose. I made something to fix the problem, but just know it's an issue.

-The GFB DV+ didn't seem to work well with my f23t. The turbosmart DV does though.

-MOST IMPORTANTLY I'm a dumbass and more qualified people should be on here soon to help you out.
Haha much appreciated!

Laimface

Ready to race!
FriggenT should pop up soon, he's had both I think.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Inb4shitstorm
pretty much my exact thought when i saw the title... was like hmm wonder if

urbanevil

Ready to race!
pretty much my exact thought when i saw the title... was like hmm wonder if

Hence why I was trying to keep it on-track, and wanted to hear peoples experiences. Actually FriggenT is the reason I started contemplating a K04, over the F23T( I was dead set on it beforehand). So I just wanted honest answers from people who had them, as opposed to Speculation lol.

Thanks,

Matt

brobst

Go Kart Champion
My suggestion is to google search the f23t threads. We know about the k04, it even comes standard on the R. So what you are really looking for is f23 information. The 2 or 3 major threads up here will give you what you want. I don't want to tell you pick one of the other. But I was in your exact shoes a few months ago, and decided on the k04.

Sent from phone Tapa

urbanevil

Ready to race!
My suggestion is to google search the f23t threads. We know about the k04, it even comes standard on the R. So what you are really looking for is f23 information. The 2 or 3 major threads up here will give you what you want. I don't want to tell you pick one of the other. But I was in your exact shoes a few months ago, and decided on the k04.

Sent from phone Tapa
Thanks for the reply!

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion