GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Kansas City

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Not to turn this into my own build thread but...magnaflow cbe on the way!!! This excites me more than going stage 2 for some reason.

Credit

Ready to race!
Speaking of which, do you have a build thread?

marcellino

Passed Driver's Ed
Marcellino, give us an update on the Black Beast! Have you unleashed all of that power yet? The tune starting to wake up?

We should all go for a drive this weekend if the weather cooperates.

The car has woken up...however I haven't unleashed it's full power yet. Feels like you launch as soon as the engine hits 3000 RPM's. Still trying to get used to it since I'm trying to shift before the launch point with my everyday driving -- but I love it being there when I need it. :)

WTF I don't know how I missed the soundaktor thread.

Disabling this tonight.

I was thinking the same thing...but I'm afraid it will be tooooo quiet for me. Sucks to think the sound is fake though. :(

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Speaking of which, do you have a build thread?

No...I never intended to mod my car this much...it kind of just happened:D

I was going Stage I and that was it...you see how that went! The car has kind of become my focal point other than my kids of course. Work blah, marriage-meh, but the car is always entertaining and there's just so damn much you can do to a GTI!

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Random thought...I wonder if I could make a decent haul$$$ if I offered Vagcom at that meat and great next weekend? Of course I'm not sure if that crowd would want to pay my fee or if they already have a go to guy for Vagcom. Or if I'd even want to mess with it there...

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
The car has woken up...however I haven't unleashed it's full power yet. Feels like you launch as soon as the engine hits 3000 RPM's. Still trying to get used to it since I'm trying to shift before the launch point with my everyday driving -- but I love it being there when I need it. :) QUOTE

You sir are the master of self restraint...I would be blasting that R all over the place now that's it's tuned "on a closed circuit course" :thumbsup:

Credit

Ready to race!
Yeah as close circuit as SR 5 is. You're not fooling anyone Eric. :p

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Yeah as close circuit as SR 5 is. You're not fooling anyone Eric. :p

Ha ha, that is my disclaimer :) SR-5 is really fun but we need to take these tuned cars out in the sticks somewhere where there are long straights and rarely a copp'er. I can think of a couple of "closed circuits" around where I grew up but it's about an hours drive from KC... Parts of I-35 South of KC are like the Autobahn though :thumbsup:

Credit

Ready to race!
Ha ha, that is my disclaimer :) SR-5 is really fun but we need to take these tuned cars out in the sticks somewhere where there are long straights and rarely a copp'er. I can think of a couple of "closed circuits" around where I grew up but it's about an hours drive from KC... Parts of I-35 South of KC are like the Autobahn though :thumbsup:

Ugh, you guys are gonna blow me away if I don't tune! You're messing up my mod path!

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Yah...he messed up mine too! Such peer pressure around here. :D

Marcellino tell him how good it feels on the dark side :laugh:

Now peeps kill you Soundaktor! With my set-up the car sounds amazing without that buzz box! I can hear more intake sucking (still quiet but better) and at WOT my new downpipe comes to life, sounds great. With that Magnaflow CBE she's going to sound as fast as she feels. At highway cruising and even putting around town she's quiet now, eerily so, but punch it and all the REAL sounds come to life. Very cool man, very cool.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Anyone going to Meat and Greet tomorrow at Wyandotte Co. Lake? Starts at 11:00am to whenever. I think that Credit and I will be there around 1:00pm pending the weather. Just wanted to see who else might go?

marcellino

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone going to Meat and Greet tomorrow at Wyandotte Co. Lake? Starts at 11:00am to whenever. I think that Credit and I will be there around 1:00pm pending the weather. Just wanted to see who else might go?

I'll be there...Probably headed out that way around noon. I'll PM yah once I'm around the area.

Weather should be pretty nice today. :)

See you there!

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
I'll be there...Probably headed out that way around noon. I'll PM yah once I'm around the area.

Weather should be pretty nice today. :)

See you there!

Sounds great man! I'd prepare to be really popular there with that R!!!