GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Known Issue w/2.0T TSI

fredf

Go Kart Champion
Sorry to bring this thread back. but it was asked a number of times but not answered:

What are the symptoms of this problem? If there is no CEL and you don't have a VCDS to find the fault code, then how does one know they have a manifold problem?

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
How many have you seen come through? Seems like (from the boards) failure rate is around 1-2%, does that seem accurate?

Is there a METAL intake manifold anywhere, yet?

I recently had a faulty intake manifold... taken care by warranty
Engine light came on and off for 3 or 4 days really didnt notice any difference in performance

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
Cylinder three floating coil here. It would rise up about a quarter inch every so often and I would just push it back down. Nothing noticeable otherwise until checking plugs the other day.

In that same cylinder three I had a good amount of oil buildup on the cylinder three plug after removing the coil. No sign of it being loose or stripped some I'm kinda unsure as to why the hell there is oil buildup otherwise if anyone else knows?

I changed all of them and torqued down to 18 ft lbs. Everything is clean and running strong and has been since day one otherwise. Only have 11k on the motor. Its just bothering me about that damn coil. Though.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
click the link in my sig for TSI FAQ

Also checkout the TSI Technical forum on vortex (parent thread to TSI FAQ)

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
click the link in my sig for TSI FAQ

Also checkout the TSI Technical forum on vortex (parent thread to TSI FAQ)

Thanks but I have been. I've had the manual and I know about that post. I've been digging and found this thread. I send a pm to bestgti but I just thought I'd through it out there just to see if anyone else had this happen. Its probably nothing because there is no cause for concern otherwise besides the oil which has been dealt with. All that I can do now is just monitor it. If it keeps happening the dealer is going to replace a coil because its been doing it for at least a year now. Shit design. Would be nice if they were held down by brackets like they are when modded to fit the 1.8t's

upnthebid

1983 MK1
Check Engine Light

add me to the list. Check Engine Light came on yesterday and dropped by the dealer immediately.

The dealer replaced the Intake Manifold and seals. The part was faulty.

They told me this is a VW problem and not just my vehicle. My vehicle was under warranty so I did not learn about any extended warranty info.

sammi_s

Passed Driver's Ed
Add me to the list too.

My car was dropped off at Mississauga Audi yesterday (Audi A3 FWD TSI) and the manifold crapped out, lucky for me they will clean my valves too ;) and interms of mods well ... the car is heavily modded !

APR STAGE II tune, Carbonio Stage I & II, 3" RCS TB, BSH pipe, APR FMIC ... there good to me the dealer.

SoCalMK6GTI

Ready to race!
Cylinder three floating coil here. It would rise up about a quarter inch every so often and I would just push it back down. Nothing noticeable otherwise until checking plugs the other day.

In that same cylinder three I had a good amount of oil buildup on the cylinder three plug after removing the coil. No sign of it being loose or stripped some I'm kinda unsure as to why the hell there is oil buildup otherwise if anyone else knows?

I changed all of them and torqued down to 18 ft lbs. Everything is clean and running strong and has been since day one otherwise. Only have 11k on the motor. Its just bothering me about that damn coil. Though.

Oil buildup between the plug and the coil? That's not good at all...

sauceman101

Ready to race!
Got my 2010 GTI 4 weeks ago to the day, sadly this is my first post on the MK6 forums, dropped it off this evening with the same CEL

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
They must've found a solution to this issue by now. Can anyone confirm the part has/hasn't been revised for the 2012 MY?

Sent via TapaTalk, butchered by autocorrect

Stigar

Ready to race!
Jus found out my cel was intake manifold. Going to apr dealer in the morning for that random no brake presure( bleeding didn't work) and maf sensor and map sensor. Damn my car is taking a huge crap.....