GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Laguna Wheel Spacers?

ErroneousRex

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey all,
If this has already been covered, my apologies. But I searched and found nothing on it. I know spacers have been covered and I could do the math myself, but I haven't been able to find a whole lot of info on the Laguna's themselves. If anyone knows what's a good spacer thickness to get the lagunas a bit more flush and maybe a tiny bit of poke, I'd love to know. Also, if anyone knows the weight and other various details, please link/let me know? :iono:

tl;dr Spacers/dimensions for lagunas? Thx

hooligan74

Ready to race!
Well, spacers of any size would make them more flush than without spacers.

You might watn to be a bit more specific in your goals. Do you want them flush? Slightly less than flush? Slight poke?

The easy thing to do would be to pull a quick measurement and see how recessed the Lagunas are, then deciding how far outboard you want to move them. Job done.

ErroneousRex

Passed Driver's Ed
Well, spacers of any size would make them more flush than without spacers.

You might watn to be a bit more specific in your goals. Do you want them flush? Slightly less than flush? Slight poke?

The easy thing to do would be to pull a quick measurement and see how recessed the Lagunas are, then deciding how far outboard you want to move them. Job done.

Yeahhh I figured as much. Just wanted to see if anyone already knew the numbers. I want em nice and flush. Maybe a tiny poke. Oh well. Ill figure it out tomorrow while I'm plastidipping everything..including the lagunas :thumbsup:. Ill start a build thread tomorrow just to document everything.

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
do you plan on lowering the car at all? Personally, getting spacers without a drop will look dumb.

hooligan74

Ready to race!
Yeahhh I figured as much. Just wanted to see if anyone already knew the numbers. I want em nice and flush. Maybe a tiny poke. Oh well. Ill figure it out tomorrow while I'm plastidipping everything..including the lagunas :thumbsup:. Ill start a build thread tomorrow just to document everything.

I see a lot of folks going +10mm front and +15mm rear, for whatever that's worth.

Kyle805

Ready to race!
I see a lot of folks going +10mm front and +15mm rear, for whatever that's worth.

This is what I plan on going with, I've seen it in person and looks just about perfectly flush. Just hope I won't rub at 24.25 FTG all around

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
i have Lagunas..
they are 18x7 et51

id go with.. 10mm front and 12-15mm in the Rear flush look

more poke.. id go with 15mm front.. 20mm rear

but id stay with the flush look.
if youre going to lower your car.. u can pull off the poke and smaller tires.. but at that point.. its not worth all the money spent to make that work. just get aftermarket wheels...

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion
I've had several configurations with my Detroits that have the same fitment. I've had 10's in back, then 15's in back with the 10's up front. I didn't like the look as much with spacers on the front with stock wheels. Imo I think the ideal trouble free setup would be 12's on the rear only.

ErroneousRex

Passed Driver's Ed
do you plan on lowering the car at all? Personally, getting spacers without a drop will look dumb.

Yes I definitely do. Going static in the near future just trying to figure out which coils to go with. My overall priorities are performance and cosmetics on about the same level, whereas comfort is still there somewhat as far as ride is concerned. Not trying to break the bank either.

i have Lagunas..
they are 18x7 et51

id go with.. 10mm front and 12-15mm in the Rear flush look

more poke.. id go with 15mm front.. 20mm rear

but id stay with the flush look.
if youre going to lower your car.. u can pull off the poke and smaller tires.. but at that point.. its not worth all the money spent to make that work. just get aftermarket wheels...
Appreciate the insight and advice. I agree. More about the flush look than a poke. I'll be doing 10 front 15 rear. thanks a lot. Also build thread is late but I'll be posting it up today or tomorrow at the risk of being called rice. Hope you guys like plastidip. :D

rmel77

Anyone run 12mm/F and 15mm/R with DG springs and Lagunas? Not sure if I should go with 10mm/F and 12mm/R or the setup mentioned above.

I really just want a flush look with no rubbing/scrapping.

Any input on either setup?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DubDriver17

Oval Newbie
10 front 15 rear, no issues. I have this setup. Find my build thread for pics.

DeathMoJo1

Ready to race!
I did 8mm fronts and 15mm rears. It lines the front and rear wheels up nicely but i would like to do 10mm fronts to line the fender up better.