GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Launch control wont shift

jebusfreek666

Ready to race!
I tried launch control for the first time yesterday and I'm not sure if I did something wrong or if my car is messed up. After I took off and the revs shot up I tried to used the paddles to shift up but the car just sat at red line. It wasn't until I took my foot off the gas that it allowed me to up shift. Am I just dumb, or is there a problem here? It is a 2012 DSG. It has a stage 2 uni tcu tune, and either a revo stage 3 tune or uni 2+ for the ecu. Not 100% sure on that part yet.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Well I'm stock but when I launch there is a delay at redline going into 2nd gear. It goes eventually tho

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

red_stapler

Ready to race!
If you're pressing down on the kickdown button you might need to let up enough that it's not engaged.

adema69

Ready to race!
on the dsg if you launch it and rev it past 7k its like a saftey feature it wont shift into next gear you need to let of the gas and shift. I figured this out at the track any time I let the tires spin and rpms go to 7 or above it wouldn't shift. If I kept the rpms below 7 it worked perfectly.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
on the dsg if you launch it and rev it past 7k its like a saftey feature it wont shift into next gear you need to let of the gas and shift. I figured this out at the track any time I let the tires spin and rpms go to 7 or above it wouldn't shift. If I kept the rpms below 7 it worked perfectly.
Ohhh I'm going to try that as I leave work today :D

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk