GOLFMKV

LED tails - my install video

gvyz

Passed Driver's Ed
nice..Thank you

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I wanna watch but YouTube is blocked in China. :(

I installed mine last week. I simply love them.

oythovki

Awesome video, awesome car, awesome song!! These tail lights really are the dogs bollox! Can't wait to get mine, should be here in 2-3 days. Looks like there might be something similar in the pipeline for the Touran

Attachments

• golf6fake2.jpg
    golf6fake2.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 1,198

livid2

Passed Driver's Ed
Did you have to use VAGCOM or did the adapters do the trick? No bulb out light?

I have the bulb out light. I will have to look into using VAGCOM I think. Iwas hoping that new ECUs did not need coding but I was wrong.

Great looking lights. Was it as easy as it looked in the video? How long did it take?

Very easy. It took about 30 - 40min but that was including moving and setting up the camera etc. I think it could be done in about 15-20min.

jasonweremy

Ready to race!
Does anyone know the cost of these in USD/CDN?

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
Does anyone know the cost of these in USD/CDN?

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_VI--2.0T/Lighting/Taillights/ES1910142/ and you need adapters which are about $30-40 on eBay.

you can get them for 650 from ECS tuning. I'm looking for wire adapter tails to hook them up.

http://cgi.ebay.de/ADAPTER-KABELSATZ-VW-GOLF-VI-6-R-LED-RUCKLEUCHTEN-/170498158653?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Autoteile_Zubeh%C3%B6r&hash=item27b27b703d Here's a sample eBay listing.

tehHooligan

Ready to race!
The ECS tails are expected to be in August 30th though, so theres some waiting. I want them too! And TM tuning has the wire harnesses/converters plus a simple coding box that does the vagcom fix for the bulb out light without the vagcom cable and software. Both are around 40 - 45 bucks.

zee

Go Kart Champion
The ECS tails are expected to be in August 30th though, so theres some waiting. I want them too! And TM tuning has the wire harnesses/converters plus a simple coding box that does the vagcom fix for the bulb out light without the vagcom cable and software. Both are around 40 - 45 bucks.

Be careful, the code box does not work with dual reverse lights.