GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LED tails vagcom coding for R

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
I swapped the pins, and the tail lights work! :happyanim: Of course, there is a short light show at start up, and the computer gives me error messages for all four lights, but they work perfectly.

:thumbup: Excellent, sir!

I'm up for a drive to PA whenever convenient if you are still available - don't mind driving these days...:thumbup: Thank you again!

No prob:thumbsup: PM me about the coding.

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Xenon test affirmative! Everything is perfect. Now if I could just get rid of those damn warning stickers on the sunvisors 86ed...

Isopropyl Alcohol 91 or higher. Soak paper towel in it. Turn visor upside down so sticker on the top and pull it out to furthest position. Leave soaked paper towel sitting on the sticker for 15 mins. Then peel off carefully. Repeat again leaving it for 15 mins then try scrub the adhesive off. Done.
Can try vinyl cleaner after if you have it.

ErikEsGTI

Success!!!

Ok so I have a 2012 U.S. GTI Autobahn with LED DRLs. I installed tinted R LED taillights (from Germany) and this is how I got all of the error codes to go away, along with getting the rear fog light and parking lights working correctly...

- Installed Euro switch (no auto).
- Installed wire from headlight harness pin 3 to T52/A (black connector box) pin 19 to enable the parking light signal.
- Installed wire from headlight harness pin 7 to T52/A (black connector box) pin 17 to enable the rear fog signal.
- Removed grey wire with white stripe from pin 28 of T52/A (black connector box).
- Removed blue wire with green stripe from pin 47 T52/C (brown connector box).
- Switched the positions of these two wires so grey wire with white stripe is in 47 of T52/C (brown connector box) and blue wire with green stripe is in 28 of T52/A (black connector box).
- Recoded Central Electronics Module byte 18 from 0x20 to 0x04 (RoW)

My local dealership did the wiring work and charged me $167.00...worth every penny!

Halleluiah!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

SworksR20

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the information in this thread guys. I want to get the ECS LED tails for my 2013 Golf R, I don't want a fog and I don't want a Euro switch. I just want absolute stock performance with the LED tails to function in place of the standard US tails.

So all I'd need is to vag com some bits, install the ECS tails with the harnesses they provide, and I'm done right?

r1eater

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the information in this thread guys. I want to get the ECS LED tails for my 2013 Golf R, I don't want a fog and I don't want a Euro switch. I just want absolute stock performance with the LED tails to function in place of the standard US tails.

So all I'd need is to vag com some bits, install the ECS tails with the harnesses they provide, and I'm done right?

correct! I although I got mine from a group buy (non ECS) they came with the adaptors and I just changed the one bit to 21 with my Vagcom and was done. Took all of 20 mins to complete.

FenderR

Passed Driver's Ed
This thread is great! Just getting my tails in and will help with coding! Thanks all.

lemarin

Ready to race!
Hello guys,

here's my current setup:

-Golf R 2012
-Euro Golf R switch (no front fog position) with light sensor
-Euro LED Tail with rear fog

I do have installed the trigger wire between PIN 3 of the switch to PIN 19 of the black CECM connector

I also have removed the wire from PIN 28 of the black connector, and insert it to the PIN 47 of the brown CECM connector (after having removed the blue/green wire from PIN 47).

What should be my coding in Byte 18 ?

I'm looking to keep my front LED as DRL, but would like to be able to add the parking light poisition working, and also the rear Fog working as well, when I switch it on.

Any idea ?

Tecni

Ready to race!
Here's my setup:

2013 Base model R w/ LED DRLs

I purchased the OEM LED Tinted w/ rear fog Taillights from ECS.

I first installed them on my 2010 GTI and they were successfully coded so that my warning light went away. Only downside is that only one reverse light would work, which was to be expected.

Now I installed them on the 2013 R and I can't get the same results. I refuse to rewire the car to accept the lights. Why did they work on the GTI and not on my Golf R?

Can anyone please explain? If I bought a GTI headlight switch, would I get the same results?

valj

Ready to race!
What do you need to do to make the inner sections light up during braking on a 2010 GTI with stock LED tail lights?

Thanks