GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Linear springs on koni coilovers

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
Hey everyone. Well im tired of random spring binding at 25ftg. Ive seen a couple of threads about people thinking about running linear springs on thier koni coilovers but no results really.
My question is will a 60mm inner diameter spring seat properly on the perch? I know i could measure this but i dont have a caliper.

Thanks!

Edited:erased one of my questions because i found the answer

Last edited:

rpc07

Ready to race!
Hey everyone. Well im tired of random spring binding at 25ftg. Ive seen a couple of threads about people thinking about running linear springs on thier koni coilovers but no results really.
My question is will a 60mm inner diameter spring seat properly on the perch? I know i could measure this but i dont have a caliper.

Thanks!

Edited:erased one of my questions because i found the answer

In for more info, i have been thinking about this for a few weeks also.

rpc07

Ready to race!
Some good info in those threads. I'll be looking into the hyperco springs and maybe a set of camber plates.

ik1015

beeee patient ^^
I still have 2-2.5"ID, 8" long 250LB for rear spring. If you're intrested, shoot me PM!
DSC01118.jpg

DSC01116.jpg

rpc07

Ready to race!
Based on the thread I was thinking of running 300-350 in the rear and 300 in the front. Will these springs fit inside the oem strut bearing in the front?

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
Great info thanks. After i get camber plates, these will be high on my list. Swift or hyperco will do the job nicely.

Last question, any issues using 2.5 inch ID springs on the rear adjustable perch from the konis.

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
Based on the thread I was thinking of running 300-350 in the rear and 300 in the front. Will these springs fit inside the oem strut bearing in the front?

You will need adapter plates for the front i believe.

ik1015

beeee patient ^^
Great info thanks. After i get camber plates, these will be high on my list. Swift or hyperco will do the job nicely.

Last question, any issues using 2.5 inch ID springs on the rear adjustable perch from the konis.

I'd used spring around 2 weeks and didn't have any problem.....

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
Finally made the order.
Ill be using 2.5"ID springs that are 7inch long and 350# rate for the front and rear. My main goal with these springs were to stiffen up the ride and lower the car just a tad bit more. I calculated how much each springs were going to compress in relation to the corner weights and the rate. I also spoke to a koni shock rep and he told me the koni coilovers are valved more aggresively in terms of rebound and compression than koni yellows. So the 350 rate wont be extreme at all since people are using neuspeed race springs on koni yellows without a problem. The top hat adapter was sourced from eibach. The adapter will allow me to run the linear springs without using camber plates. Once everything comes in and i installl ill update this thread.

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
Finally made the order.
Ill be using 2.5"ID springs that are 7inch long and 350# rate for the front and rear. My main goal with these springs were to stiffen up the ride and lower the car just a tad bit more. I calculated how much each springs were going to compress in relation to the corner weights and the rate. I also spoke to a koni shock rep and he told me the koni coilovers are valved more aggresively in terms of rebound and compression than koni yellows. So the 350 rate wont be extreme at all since people are using neuspeed race springs on koni yellows without a problem. The top hat adapter was sourced from eibach. The adapter will allow me to run the linear springs without using camber plates. Once everything comes in and i installl ill update this thread.

nice, subbed