GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

List of Popular MKVI VAG-COM Tweaks

Hornblower

Passed Driver's Ed
Resetting service interval...went into VCDS to change the MAX service distance interval from 10,000 miles to 5,000 miles. First, I found the value listed in km and not miles even though my car is NA. The current value showed 10,720km. Not seeing how to change the units to miles, I entered a new value of 8,047km to equate to 5,000 miles. A message popped up saying conditions were not right to make this change and my new value was not accepted. Anyone know what's going on here?

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
I tried coding for my LED tail lights that I recently installed but I don't have the "1F" option that I believe I need. I have halogen headlights (but have HID bulbs and error eliminators) and Ed's replica LED tail lights with no rear fogs.

Other vag com tweaks I've done are No DRL, fogs as DRL, emergency flashers, and increase the comfort turn signal. Could any of those be the reason why?

I also tried 21 but it made my high beams turn on for some reason. Thanks for any help.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Thanks, that worked!

Riddler

I recieved my cable today and went ahead and disabled my DRL on my 2010 GTI. I found that some of the how to's did not cover just disable for xenon equiped GTI's. If there is I did not serach hard enough. But here is what I found and I will get the pics up once i get them uploaded. Basically you go iin to the electrical control, select coding then long code helper, I can't remeber what byte but you need to find the one that has PERMENANT RUNING LIGHTS (LOW BEAM) and uncheck that. close out and click DO IT exit and test your car should notice DRL is out and no DRL come on once ebrake is dropped. Again I will get pics uploaded soon got stuff going on at the moment. Im not sure about the european models this is what i noticed on my US spec GTI with xeon head lights.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
So I took the car out today and my comfort turn signal reverted back to 3 flashes. Had my car programmed to 4. Got to destination, turned the car off, got back in a few minutes later, still 3 flashes. Got to second destination, turned off car for several hours, and it was back to 4 on my way home. :iono:

These tweaks are not bullet proof. You would think that software is all logic, that you can't have two different results with the same inputs, etc. but that's just not the case here. Pretty odd.

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
^^^reset factory convenience settings of MFD...then test

This. With that one in the list on the first post it says this:

NOTE: After you set the value, you must go into your MFI on your car and reset it to factory settings to load the new value

Did you do that?

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Yes, it didn't work the first time without resetting. If it happens again I'll try that, but for now it's working perfectly fine again.

Sent via TapaTalk, butchered by autocorrect

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
i saw something in vag com about bleeding brakes. has anyone tried that? i wonder if its for bleeding the abs system.:iono:

also i cant remember where to find the tweak for 'using the talk button to mute.'

woofie2

Ready to race!
Caution with the windows up/down mod with the Kessy key system.
I reached in the open window to pick something up and the window started rolling up on me.