GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Loba LO380 turbo,,,,,

Frankenstein_VW

Shop Owner / Technician
We are the East Coast's LOBA Motorsport Distributor ! Please contact us with any questions. There is a LO4xx in development states currently. We can arrange for custom tuning options as well !

http://www.redlinespeedworx.com/loba-motorsport-partnership-announced/

Frankenstein_VW

Shop Owner / Technician
We bring #LegitGoFast Parts !

sick12gti

Ready to race!
Avenue Autosport in Fl is a dealer too this is where I'm getting my L0 380 turbo for my 2012 gti.. also note it will fit the TSI just have to use FSI pipe from neuspeed K04 highflow discharger which will take care of that muffler issue... but I'm not buying mine intill this coming up year.. but they do make some sick turbo's but it's a chunk of money compaired to just going for a GT2871r set up..

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
Pat, I take it this LO380 is a "direct fit" to our motors and the LO4xx requires a different manifold right?

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
The 4xx is the same as the 380 other then it's cliped have.. its like a GT35 style...

Loba L04XX

Loba L0380

Sorry bud, no, they are not.

Been seriously thinking about this as I know it's no where near the output of the APR Stage 3 or 4 but at less than $2000 and capable of hitting 400 HP is nice for nothing more than a trimmed/clipped/cleaned up stock turbo.
No other mods needed and a direct fit to all the stock stuff.
I am under the thought that our cars stock turbo just wont flow (efficiently) after about 350 ish HP. This turbo is a cheap way to get another 50 ish HP.

If I'm wrong please discuss!

Last edited:

Sspcivic31

Drag Race Newbie
It looks like lo4xx is a stock ko4 hotside/ exhaust manifold mated to a new compressor housing. Will it fit a TSI is what I would Like to know:thumbsup:

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
No, I don't think so. That's a LO4XX Stage 3 turbo.
The one I linked to is a modified K04 turbo. Uprated from our current turbo.
I "think" that LO4XX requires a separate manifold. And I'm guessing a LOT more money.

L04XX comes with the manifold built on.:thumbsup:

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
L04XX comes with the manifold built on.:thumbsup:

If that's the case then this is similar to what forced performance did in the DSM world years ago. Modified mhi turbos with garret wheels so they would bolt up to stock hardware but have vastly more power potential. What we really need on these cars is a reliable fuel setup and user tunability so we can start to see some variety out there instead of just apr cars.

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
If that's the case then this is similar to what forced performance did in the DSM world years ago. Modified mhi turbos with garret wheels so they would bolt up to stock hardware but have vastly more power potential. What we really need on these cars is a reliable fuel setup and user tunability so we can start to see some variety out there instead of just apr cars.

I know, I've driven a car with the L04XX on for 4 days, it is epically fast!

GIAC tuned;)

bludool

Passed Driver's Ed
I like this route as well... It would keep the 42DD down pipe I already own, as well as the evolution intake. What other upgrades would we need. APR has already demonstrated that at stage 3 power levels, the stock injectors can keep up. Looks like a new in tank pump and a tune. Unfortunatly, I have APR tune, so that would be shot...

Any more thoughts?

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
This must be very similar to APR/AWE/CTS's kits for the GTI, except fitted for the R..? Seeing as all those kits <-- are just modified K04s..

Avant

Ready to race!
This must be very similar to APR/AWE/CTS's kits for the GTI, except fitted for the R..? Seeing as all those kits <-- are just modified K04s..

The LO380 is far more modified than the APR/AWE/CTS K04's.

Taken from their website:
  • state-of-the-art LO-2580 “Extended Tip” billet compressor wheel – unique in design, geometry and size
  • 5-axis CNC re-profiled compressor housing and backplate
  • clipped turbine wheel
  • optimized clearances
  • modified actuator
  • uprated bearing
  • precision balancing of individual components and CHRA