GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Manufacturings defect

KanDyWyte1

Ready to race!
What dealer is this?!? Schumacher in Palm Beach?!? I would slap a dealer!

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!
black paint isnt that hard to work with. its a pain in the ass sometimes but this shouldnt have happened to you. it looks like the dealer did it themselves or had a shitty body shop do it

ryano

I noticed the exact same paint 'defect' on my GTI this weekend. I have emailed the dealership and will see what happens. Now that i've noticed it it always draws my attention. :(

few more here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/22259717@N07/sets/72157623477506642/

Edit: Just heard back from the dealer and was told that its just the way the bumpers are and that the front will be the same. (have also noticed that the OP's issue is a little different)

Last edited:

tdi-mk6

Diesel it is!
I noticed the exact same paint 'defect' on my GTI this weekend. I have emailed the dealership and will see what happens. Now that i've noticed it it always draws my attention. :(

few more here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/22259717@N07/sets/72157623477506642/

Edit: Just heard back from the dealer and was told that its just the way the bumpers are and that the front will be the same. (have also noticed that the OP's issue is a little different)

Still strange that your bumper is lighter than the rest of your car.....I mean "that's just the way it is" ???

black paint isnt that hard to work with. its a pain in the ass sometimes but this shouldnt have happened to you. it looks like the dealer did it themselves or had a shitty body shop do it

That's how I think about it too - they used a body shop that IMO doesn't do a good job.

Strike 2.

So disappointing that you gave them the opportunity to fix it, and they still screwed things.:(

And guess what?! - I sent the car back to the dealer and the same day they called to tell me that I could pick it up again. When I was on my way over to the dealer, they called me again that it still wasn't perfect and they would send it back again. Two days later I could pick it up. 5 Days later, when I was finally able to wash my car, I AGAIN noticed a ton of sandpaper scratches and specks. So I decided to call VW of America....now I'm really positive the dealer hates me. Unfortunely, I still have to deal with the same dealer (according VW of A.) to fix this issue. Tomorrow is my latest appointment, and we'll see......but I'm starting to really sick of this.....they don't even have loaner cars , so I have to do it with a rental :(

tdi-mk6

Diesel it is!
No loaner on this is shameful. I think VW of NA should pick up the cost. Good luck.

They do pay for the rental....but a rental is just not as good as a loaner :(

PS the Winterjam was really nice - they had beautiful restored bugs & vans from the 60's, - if you're interested I'll post some pics

mmaluso

Passed Driver's Ed
Wow this is ridiculous. Can't they just order a new bumper and cut their losses? Do they come painted from the factory on these cars?

I know how you feel though I had a terrible experience with a body shop for our mini Cooper. I had to take it back like three times for some major problems. They promise you the world and then when it's not perfect somehow they put the blame on you for being too nit picky.

DarkCloak

Banned
I had a defect. My driver's side wiper blade arm was slightly bent. Causing the blade to dig into the glass causing massive scratches. I had to have a new arm installed and am still waiting for my new glass to arrive from Germany. Rather odd, this was my only problem but since it was the rainy season here in Louisiana it was extremely annoying.

tdi-mk6

Diesel it is!
Wow this is ridiculous. Can't they just order a new bumper and cut their losses? Do they come painted from the factory on these cars?

I know how you feel though I had a terrible experience with a body shop for our mini Cooper. I had to take it back like three times for some major problems. They promise you the world and then when it's not perfect somehow they put the blame on you for being too nit picky.

^ Right you are, but if it would be their own car........:mad0259:

tdi-mk6

Diesel it is!
Ok guys, after hasseling with VWoA and going for a 2nd opinion to another dealer, VWoA finally agreed to give me a new bumper! Now I just have to fight for a factory painted bumper and not a re-painted one. I do hate for things to go like this, and I can forget about going back to the first dealer for any service maintenance or other stuff.......I'm sure they got their ass chewed by VWoA. Now I have to drive 45 min. to the nearest dealer instead of 10 min. :(
Thanks for all your support! =)

Shall I dare asking for a GTI bumper? LOL

TDI110

O_o
Ask for a GTD bumper instead :D and chrome exhaust tips to boot :) sucks to hear about your situation TDI-MK6, hopefully this shite ends soon for you.

tdi-mk6

Diesel it is!
Ask for a GTD bumper instead :D and chrome exhaust tips to boot :) sucks to hear about your situation TDI-MK6, hopefully this shite ends soon for you.

Thanks!
I don't think there's a difference between a TDI & GTD bumper, is there?

tdi-mk6

Diesel it is!
You're right about that, I took a quick look at some pics and there is no difference. Maybe you can get them for this bumper modification?

It says: "Nicht für U.S.A"....I really like the GTI look, but that is also gonna cost me a new (expensive) exhaust :(......kinda saving up for a bodykit! I'm afraid I have to leave it as is - oh well, as long as it isn't metallic or scratched =)