GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Map sensor Location mk6 2.5L

gooodming

can anyone share me some pictures the location of the MAP sensor?

Here are GTI ones, TDI ones mk5 ones, but no mk6 2.5 one.

My problem with the car is that when the check engine light is on, I have very bad shifting. Especially when I approach stop sign almost stop at around 20KM/H, I feel shock like downshifting too early. the same happens when I use the manual option and let the car downshift during braking.

Can anyone share what is going on with my car?

My car has 170k KM and it was 2011.

Thanks

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
I've got a CEL on my wife's 2012 Golf 2.5L with the following error code:

1 Fault Found:
000262 - Manifold / Barometric Pressure Sensor (G71) / (F96)
P0106 - 000 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent - MIL ON

It's going into the dealer tomorrow since it's still under warranty (only 44,000km). I think it may be the MAP sensor but i'm going to bring up the technical bulletin you mentioned over on the Vortex.

This thread has some good pictures of where the MAP sensor is. The guy in that thread is taking of the entire intake manifold but there's some good pictures.

http://volkswagenownersclub.com/vw/...DIY-2.5L-MKV-Intake-Manifold-Removal-Cleaning

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
I have the P0106 and need to go to the dealer to get this flash done. I'm going to try and go later this week.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Got my car back today they did the technical bulletin 2034012. Check engine light is off so we'll see how it goes. If it does come on again with the P0106 error I'll pull out the MAP sensor and clean it.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
Taking my car in tomorrow to have the dealer update done. Will see if it solves the P0106 code.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
Went to the dealer and apparently that TSB has been removed. They replaced the MAP sensor and cleared the code. The sensor they replaced had a different part number than the old one so hopefully it works.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
My dealer couldn't find the TSB on the VW systems but the tech did some Google searches and that pointed them in the right direction to find the TSB. Can you post the part # of the revised MAP sensor that was printed on your work order?

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
My dealer couldn't find the TSB on the VW systems but the tech did some Google searches and that pointed them in the right direction to find the TSB. Can you post the part # of the revised MAP sensor that was printed on your work order?

The part number I have is V03C-906-051-F on my work order. They showed me the old one and new one and there was one number difference in the part numbers. So far so good but its only been 20km or so since I've replaced it.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
I checked the MAP sensor on my wife's 2012 and that's the part number that is on it so it has the revised part. It's made by Bosch so I'm thinking a replacement is available from a parts store where it's bound to be cheaper than the dealer.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Man that sucks. Here is a picture of what they wrote on my work order if maybe that can help you? I'd have them double check on the TSB. I doubt it's been removed in the last two weeks.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
Man that sucks. Here is a picture of what they wrote on my work order if maybe that can help you? I'd have them double check on the TSB. I doubt it's been removed in the last two weeks.

They said they found that bulletin and apparently its been removed. Its in the shop now. Its kind of annoying because now I've had two MAP sensors replaced with zero luck. About $500 in with no results now.