GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Matte Black STI Photoshoot - Rough Shots

MrClean

Go Kart Champion
Very cool (pictures and car), thanks for sharing.

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
Why ROFL? Most well done matte cars are vinyl - including most every supercar you see in matte black/grey.
That may be the case, but IMO a vinyl job THAT EXTENSIVE cheapens it. If I went to a dealership and they offered me a.) PAINTED flat black or b.) VINYL flat black.... I wouldn't pick the vinyl.

I don't think anyone even offers an effective matte paint job? Like jmblur said, even supercars are just wrapped. And if you pay up you could get good wraps... they definitely wouldn't be garbage after 2 years. And I'm sure a full body paint job is substantially more expensive than a wrap.

Paints just can't take the abuse without the clear coat. I remember BMW made owners sign a waiver basically saying they will not scrub the paint when washing and never wash it, or the warranty will be void.

El TexMex

Ready to race!
Nice ride, but I guess me being older (41), I could never get past the gaudy spoiler & the oh so obvious barrel muffler. I prefer subtlety.

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
you can't legally "paint" your car matte black in America because there's poisonous toxins in that paint that are illegal.

there's "almost" matte black paint, but not the real thing. only some European countries can do it.

El TexMex

Ready to race!
you can't legally "paint" your car matte black in America because there's poisonous toxins in that paint that are illegal.

there's "almost" matte black paint, but not the real thing. only some European countries can do it.
I have to disagree here. Paint itself for the most part is toxic in general,especially when atomized into the air or allowed to seep into ground water, but technology & use of friendlier base ingredients has managed to lessen the degree to which it is. It has nothing to do with whether paint is matte or not.
In fact alot of classic Rat rods use flat or matte paints.

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
actually yeah my fault probably not illegal haha

my dad told me that when we saw a flat black audi in europe. i still try and believe whatever he tells me but upon doing some research just now i couldn't find anything about it being illegal.

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Looks great man...some you might not even have to touch.
Did you use any artificial lighting in any of those shots?

McQueen77

Banned
that is some spoiler.