GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Metric Autosport offical thread!!

Metric Autosport

Passed Driver's Ed

19232 Beach blvd
Huntington Beach,CA 92648

Metric Autosport is a new repair shop that specialize in Audi and VW vehicle. We perform everything from maintenance to performance builds. All of the technicians are dealer trained and master certified. We are a Authorized Unitronic dealer able to perform stage 1 tunes to custom builds. We are located in Huntington Beach right off of Beach Blvd. Check us out at http://www.metricautosport.com or follow us on instagram @metricautosport. For any questions feel free to contact us at (714)727-7379

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
Spoke with you on Facebook about a 40k service. You'll be hearing from me soon. [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
CA emissions laws are choking me out

So a cop in the infamous Rampart Division is a muscle car enthusiast (so he says) and he is a training officer who was driving around a hot (for a cop) female officer with barely a whisper of a mustache. I think my car offended him for some reason, and as a bonus he gets to show off to the blonde pony tailed Mrs. officer. I get pulled over for not displaying my front license plate (not true, it was wedged in the windshield) and after dicking me around for a good 40 mins he writes me up for intake and license. I get the CARB approved P-Flo and make an appt with the referee, who is just a fucking smog tech. You gonna smog my car? yep. Why? I don't have to smog it for another year. You got a ticket. I fixed it. And I'm gonna test you cuz it's the law. I have to reschedule. Why? if you 'fixed' it. My readiness codes no bueno. Do you have a cat? Yes. The one that came with the car? ...yes. The unspoken word between us 'LIAR'.

So, obviously I need APR to reflash me with a different tune. I am running a 300 cell ceramic cat. Is this and some spacers enough to pass the sniffer test or do I need to slap the stock downpipe back on? If the latter can you guys do the work (and after the test, to put my 3" downpipe back on? How much? You can PM me the price. Thanks in advance.

Metric Autosport

Passed Driver's Ed
Happy Memorial Day!

MK6 GTI came in for a carbon clean and fuel filter. Carbon will build up on the intake valve and can cause direct injected vehicles to run rough during cold start up as many of you may know. So we recommend doing a carbon cleaning every 40k to 50k miles.

mystikalous

Ready to race!
What do you guys charge for 40k maintenance for 2012 GTI manual and carbon cleaning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
This is from a couple of weeks ago, and I really should've done this sooner but Brian really saved my brother's bacon and we could've been raped and weren't. So my brother (who is deaf btw, which has nothing to do with anything) saved up a few grand and was shopping for a 3-4 year old low mileage Civic. He doesn't like stiff or lowered cars and doesn't believe in modding cars in general so he had no interest in a GTI which is what I have (for 6 yrs now).

During the dealer hopping looking for Civics, just for shits and giggles we stopped at a VW dealership and we couldn't believe how used VW were just going for a howdy-doody and a good-looking-out. A 2012 GLI with 21.5k miles was on the lot for $15.9k (base manual) and though we tried, they wouldn't budge on the price and despite the somewhat low price I'm putting down to the general bad will VW has had since the TDI fiasco, this price was pretty much unmatched by any similar car, and several thousand $k lower than the lowest priced comparable Civic, and not the SI but a plain jane model. A test drive with the unexpected torque and nearly as good as my GTI interior sealed the deal and I cosigned the loan for him and he has the nicest car he's had ever. A week after he buys the car the Last Sunday Neuspeed open house is held, we attend, he falls for the RSE52 wheels in gunmetal, 17" and they are 30% off retail, and I've had the 18" RSE07 wheel before and really liked them (except for them being ball seat and this didn't play nice with my stud conversion and colorful lug nut collection).

But he want's to do something like that without the stud conversion, and he wants them yesterday, though I have a line on some Mevius lugs at a really decent price, he just can't bear the wait. So I source some neochrome lug bolts that are nice to look at, and with a acorn seat to ball seat washer, they will work with the Neuspeed wheels. I show him how a breaker bar/torque wrench works, lend him mine, and let him get to it. He immediately makes the mistake of hand torquing the lug bolt only a turn or two before resorting to the torque wrench. Why? Because it was hard to turn. Doh! stripped thread happens and the lug bolt/washer combo hangs on the bolt opening and I've got a good suspicion that the bolt hole is fuct. I call Brian with the lowdown, and he confirms what I suspected, and of course there are 2 options-tap the hole if not too bad, or if bad, maybe need a new hub. Brian quotes me $30 - price of hub + labor and my brother zips down to Metric the next day. Brian took a couple years of CC ASL and that helps too. $20 and 20 mins later he is all smiles headed back home (35 miles away in LA).

I really can't thank Metric (Brian specifically) enough and I can attest to their integrity and knowledgability if nothing else. Pics of car.

day we brought the car home. Bro can't stop smiling like Joker, mom approves. Really likes the Tiguan, my R purchase on hold to get Tiguan for her next.

Permagrin still plastered on admiring Neuspeed wheels mounted and balanced.

Brian and Metric saves the day and the neochrome lug bolts look nice if nothing else. Here's hoping they don't fall off for unseen hairline cracks.

More or less how she sits today, permagrin not pictured but still present. I've offered to pay for parts and install of mild lowering springs. No. He doesn't want them! Wants to do a Jetta Allroad look alike and I threaten to molotov cocktail the car if the gap grows any bigger... No fuqn way is the car getting raised. No.