GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mike's 2013 CW Autobahn Build Thread

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Did you take down the hoodliner?

flygti2013

Ready to race!
ya.... gonna put it back up since its a daily...will take it off for shows or whenever i wanna show a friend..

flygti2013

Ready to race!
after taking about a month to figure out what the heck i wanna do with this car it became obvious.... oem+ and autocross the hell out of it.....like i said in the first post.... this is gonna be a slow build... :(

mods coming up:

euro convex mirrors
black textured mirror caps
euro cup holder
driver cubby
ecs hatch pop kit
under seat storage
black coolant and washer caps

wish list:

Phase 1:
tint
front valence color matched
LED tails
hatch tray
rims (still loooking around)
lower it ( still researching)
oem backup camera
v1

phase 2:
front and rear sway
unibraceub/xb
whiteline stuff
camber kit
neuspeed endlinks

phase 3:
apr chip
TB exhaust
fmic
awe intake
boost tap kit
boost gauge on steering column
short shift kit
tranny/engine mounts
forge dv
pancake pipe
heat shield
apr ko4
catch can
lsd
forge short shift kit
watermeth
awe pedal set

flygti2013

Ready to race!
got 20% tint today... looks good.. also found out the tint shop is getting into car wrapping so ill probably have the roof wrapped in gloss in dec sometime...

flygti2013

Ready to race!
installed euro cubby, textured black mirror caps, laminx yellow fogs, black coolant and washer res caps......

today i ordered:
piano black rear badge
gloss white rear badge inlay
APR boost tap kit
newsouth boost gauge and column pod

also traded in the wifes prius for a 2012 turbo beetle...fun to drive but no gti. need to clean them both this weekend and ill try to get pics up...

bimmer635csi

Ready to race!
What series/class autocross do you want to run?

Looking at your hoped-for mods, you are going to be running with big guns. I intend to run SCCA G-Stock only with the GTI.

flygti2013

Ready to race!
the suspension mods will be bought individually but all done at once for the most part.... im gonna stick to g stock as long as i can to learn the car more.. i think the rule book said i can change 1 sway bar....but like i said, i might just pile all the parts in a corner and do it all at once this summer...

flygti2013

Ready to race!
ordered tyrolsport SSBB kit and 42DD shifter bushing kit... last "small" mod in the phase one list is the euro cup holder... after that gonna start saving for springs, koni yellows, and euro led tails..... hoping santa brings a V1 with all the toys for it, but i doubt it..

flygti2013

Ready to race!
installed apr boost tap and newsouth redline/mk6 gauge.... 42DD bushings came in but won't be installed until my tyrolsport bushings come in and need to order a short shift kit... wanna do all that at once...

flygti2013

Ready to race!
also decided i will post afew pics after each mod phase... with that being said, all i have left in phase 1 is:

Rims
springs + koni yellows
v1 ;)
euro cup holder
short shift kit
oem led euro tails w/ fogs
lower grill surround (grey part) wrapped in gloss black

..... so all the big ticket items basically......

Last edited:

flygti2013

Ready to race!
piano black rear badge came in along with boldsport white inlay, havent seen it in the daylight yet so i dont have to much to say about it.....next pay check im gonna order the HPA shift kit and install everything...update on whats left for phase one in order of purchase:

HPA short shift kit
euro cup holder
LED tails
ecs cup install kit stg 2
grey lower grill surround wrapped in gloss black
koni yellows
H&R supersports
wheels

once thats all said and done ill post pics.. :p ( who wants to see another CW GTI anyway? )

flygti2013

Ready to race!
ordered the HPA short shift kit.....took some pics....

coming along...

rkellis

Ready to race!
Looks good, the LED tails will soon be a nice touch as well. How do the yellow fog lights look with the headlights on as well. Debating this on my black pearl... The white from the stock fogs and xenon's looks a little weird. Ordered the smoked side markers from P4E, hopefully they look as good as yours.

flygti2013

Ready to race!
you can see them if your looking for them but they arent very noticable in the car.. got my side markers from urotuning.. ya the LED tails are definitely needed!!