GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MILLTEK race system

tippah1

Ready to race!
MILLTEK race system now with vids!!

Does anyone here have the new MILLTEK 3 inch race system for the gti??
Looking at getting it and wants some reviews please

Last edited:

tippah1

Ready to race!
Well people i went and bit the bullet and bought the MILLTEK Race system with the 100 cel cat. It has the HJS cat fitted to it so i might try the fix for the cel light when im running stock. So i dont get any hassles from the dealers. Im going to go stage 2 revo anyway so that will make it disappear. Oh i also got one of the first FORGE TWINTAKES in AUSTRALIA to fit also so after the weekend il put up vids of driving and also the fitment pics. Hope your all jealous......

McMerc

Tippah, please make a good video of the exhaust. I am thinking of running similar set up on my car, but with catless downpipe. Be the first one to post milltek 3" race system! Enjoy your modification and I am very jealous

tippah1

Ready to race!
McMerc Yes il post a good vid or vids.....I got hold of a camera to mount on the outside of the car so il do normal driving around town, hwy cruizing, and full throttle with stock tune and also revo stage 1 or 2, I bought this sight unsound but from what i can gather it should sound very nice and not boomy, Il also do in car noise as well. So keen to fit this but have to wait 2 more days as i dont have the required tools here in syd to fit it so driving down to my mates over the weekend to do this.

McMerc

Tippah, that's great! also make some video where the car is taking off from stand still and passing by while your buddy is holding the camera. Give the video to milltek and I think they might give you some big discount on the exhaust, since you are the first one to post the video of their race system.

Bruh Man

Go Kart Champion
Hope your all jealous......

That's the spirit! Haha looking forward to your clips.

Please post on Vimeo if you can. Sounds like you're taking the time to make some nice videos and it'd be a shame to have Youtube's compression ruin your hard work, assuming you have a decent mic.

tippah1

Ready to race!
MILLTEK RACE system fitted and i must say it all fitted perfect. Even the gaps on the twin exhaust were spot on and i didnt have to bend any brackets just hung it on the rubbers and done...
First impressions when started was did i really put a 3 inch race system on the car?? Its so quiet at idle, Quieter than stock by a long way but when the go peddle is pushed it wakes up nicely. Driving the car its nice and deep but no drone at all, I have a dsg and set it to manual and 5th gear and slowed to 30 klm then floored the gas peddle all the way through the rev range to about 130 klm with no noticeable in cabin drone. 6th gear hwy cruizing is same if not quieter than stock system

Ok so the good bits...This system sounds soo good and even better standing outside listening to it drive by......The exhaust has a large gear change burble which is great.
I have vid and will post soon

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
tippah, thanks for the great videos. This has basically gone up to one of my favorite systems...

Can I ask for the cost in AUD?

SteveP

Ready to race!
Great video tippah :) I really need to stop buying car mods and get a good video camera.

Get some miles on the system and the sound will develop even more, mine is at 15k miles now and it sounds great.