GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Misfire and sputtering at low RPM

Ash17

Passed Driver's Ed
I had both the auxiliary and main water pump replaced a little over a week ago. The shop I went to suggested I have the Throttle body cleaned while they had it out so I gave them the ok to do it. They put a new TB gasket in as well. My coolant leak is gone but now my A/C isn't cold anymore, and more alarmingly my car has a weird rough sputtering/misfire at low RPM (about 1000-1500) with very light throttle and almost sounds like it's going to stall. I notice this when I'm cruising slowly though a parking lot with very slight pressure on the throttle or when I am pulling into my driveway/garage of my apartment driving very slow with little throttle. The rough almost dying diesel sound goes away as soon as I let off the throttle. The car does not do this while at a stop just idling, both in park or gear (DSG). I replaced the coils and plugs about 6k ago with the red Audi's and NGK iridium's but haven't had these problems since this recent work. I have no CEL or any other indicators on my dash. Anyone have any insight on these symptoms I'm experiencing and whether or not they might be related the water pump work I had done?
Not the best quality but I attached a sound clip of what it sounds like pulling into my garage. It was mildly lurching forward while doing this.
2010 GTI DSG 88k

Last edited:

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
check your plugs. i replaced my my coils and plugs with NGK iridium's as well and about 5k miles later, experienced similar sputtering and misfires. it turns out 3 of the 4 plugs were defective, where the little piece between the gap were loose. replaced the plugs and all was good again.