GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 Golf 1.6 TDI DSG Electronics Issue Help

efeonder

Hi,

I have a Mk6 Golf 1.6 TDI DSG which i bought in 2012 (used with 10k on it). It has now about 77k with good service history and previous faults apart from having the change the battery about 9 months ago (for the first time).

Couple of weeks ago it snowed and stayed under 0 degrees for about 5 days around here. After the snow when I started my car there was an issue with the parking sensors initially it was constantly beeping then the parking sensor system shut off completely. The car drove fine like that for a couple of more times then today it started indicating that there was coil problem, locks kept getting unlocked/locked, Airbag kept switching on/off, stability control system kept switching on and off and i lost power steering as well. Please note that i use the car perhaps once in a week usually for a 20 min or so drive and back.

I am not too experienced on the car electronics so any help is really appreciated.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Please note that i use the car perhaps once in a week usually for a 20 min or so drive and back.

That's not great for the diesel BTW, nothing to do with your current issue but diesel likes to be run.

As to the gremlin running around in your electronics step one would be to scan the car and see what codes and events it has. If you have limited knowledge of electrics I would say you are looking at a trip to a service shop. Otherwise scan out the modules with errors, check fuses and wiring, could be a ground issue. Not an easy problem and will definitely take some diagnostics.