GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 golf Oil sensor light and release handbrake issue¾

Terry G

Hi all this is the first post of my particular electronic problem. I have a 2012 mk6 2.0 tdi with a display telling me "handbrake on" and chimes when driving and also "oil sensor" which sometimes flashes red telling me "switch off engine". Upon switching the ignition on and with engine off the oil sensor will flash 3 or 4 times and when driving off the handbrake chimes and displays as handbrake on. I have removed the handbrake switch and check it out and its working fine. I have changed the sump oil sensor but with no avail and also main earth wires to battery and bodywork have been cleaned . Strangely both faults began together. I am now at a dead loss and any advice would be well appreciated.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Maybe try fuses/relay?

Terry G

Thanks for the reply I have checked and tried various things and will now be replacing the oil pressure switch even though the connecting cap does not earth . It does seem strange that the earth wires to both the handbrake and oil pressure switch do not earth at all . I did see the same problem posted on a different vw forum 2 yrs ago but nobody advised a fix but I do intend to help someone else and post the repair when its completed