GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 GTI TSI Unitronic Chipped Stage 2+ a.k.a K04 - first drive

NewToVW

Automotive Ninja
Hopefully should be released in Spring, this below dyno was the first beta version, off the start the Uni K04 making 345HP without breaking a sweat ;) once the final version is completed you will see the results and appreciate :)
How do you know it wasn't breaking a sweat? Do you have timing logs? Knock sensor activity? It's great that it's making good power, but it looks similar to every other tuner's K04. They all use the same hardware, which has the same mechanical limits. Remember, engine dynos are funny too... The kit may get installed in a real car, and then it's found out that the IC runs much hotter when it's installed behind a bumper with a radiator on top of it, and timing has to get pulled back. Even chassis dynos aren't perfect tuning tools. I've tuned my past project cars on the dyno, only to find the tune was unrealistic for street/daily use.

As for the the BT TSI tune, same thing Spring as well they are presently working on finalizing the tune. Mind you that i am going BT EJ400 in spring with the Uni BT tune ..

It is already out, you order it via Eurojet and they will build it for you, they already sold several kits... However, due to the move and the merge with Stasis, the site was not updated yet.. i guess when they settle down the Eurojet site will be updated Accordingly!
What if Stasis doesn't think the TSI EJ400 should be a priority? It's Stasis' money now. What if they kill the project completely? Where are these users' dynos? When is yours going to be up and running? Have you received the hardware yet? I think it's awesome that you're stepping up to the plate with the EJ400. But you understand why 99% of the people on this board would never lay out that kind of cash on an unproven/undocumented project, right?

i don't know about you, but i rather see the tune in action then a piece of paper saying 350HP .. maybe doesn't mean mush to you but many like to see videos then just a dyno chart at least you will see the tune in action.
How do we know they aren't driving it downhill? Dash video means little to me. Before and after dynos and 1/4 mile times/traps are real info.

Again, I'm sure the kit/tune is all legit and fast. I'd just like to see some more data and an official USA release from Unitronic.

CarWorks

How do you know it wasn't breaking a sweat? Do you have timing logs? Knock sensor activity? It's great that it's making good power, but it looks similar to every other tuner's K04. They all use the same hardware, which has the same mechanical limits. Remember, engine dynos are funny too... The kit may get installed in a real car, and then it's found out that the IC runs much hotter when it's installed behind a bumper with a radiator on top of it, and timing has to get pulled back. Even chassis dynos aren't perfect tuning tools. I've tuned my past project cars on the dyno, only to find the tune was unrealistic for street/daily use.

What if Stasis doesn't think the TSI EJ400 should be a priority? It's Stasis' money now. What if they kill the project completely? Where are these users' dynos? When is yours going to be up and running? Have you received the hardware yet? I think it's awesome that you're stepping up to the plate with the EJ400. But you understand why 99% of the people on this board would never lay out that kind of cash on an unproven/undocumented project, right?

How do we know they aren't driving it downhill? Dash video means little to me. Before and after dynos and 1/4 mile times/traps are real info.

Hold on! wheren't you the one I answered to in the previous page?

hmm oh yes you where!

Quote:
newtovw
Some dash cam from a shop in Greece means very little to 98% of the people on this board.

well, real dash always tells the truth

first of all, check out this video:
http://www.facebook.com/video/video....50319075815512

It's a rather detailed dyno run on Unitronic R&D center showing real time all kinds of information you would find useful, such as afr, boost, power, torque, and of course the dynoplot itself.
It is a high resolution video, so if you like details switch to full screen and enjoy bits of info.

Now, the above engine dyno run is with 1,3bar or 20psi.
In the dashboard video, it is the same file like on engine dyno.

The car has a continous acceleration until 6th gear rev limit.
Its really very-very enjoyable to drive. 5th and 6th gears are scary
lamda is a very conservative 0,77 up top, strictly zero cf's throughout the band on pump 100RON fuel, boost is 1,15-1,2bar up top.
Runs smooth as silk. Every time.

Soon DSG software will be installed to make shifts even faster and move rev limit further up to 7150rpm

We have also made some tests with higher boost since car has great parts installed, and handles turbo upgrade without breaking a sweat. We went up to 1,8bar with exactly the same good results in all ecu-mechanical things, but only problem is the car became not so much fun to drive, because wheel spin makes the first three gears unusable at full throttle.

So, I did write some paragraphs for your comprehension , and at the very next page you ask the same again?
are you trying maybe to spread uncertainty and doubt?
Are you FUDing this thread new-to-vw?
For someone that is NEW to vw, you seem to have good knowledge of stasis, eurojet, unitronic, the limits of the hardware and so on so forth. hehe. bravo!
yet, you seem to miss all my data...!

On my stage 2 video, some -innocent I am sure- person accused me of doing a video ON THE DYNO and present it like it was on the road.(!)
Now my stage 2+ video, I learn it is the all free-fall parachuting, time-pulling while snaping rods gti :D

I really dont know what to expect for comments by some people on my upcoming stage3 3071 stock motor video, or even on a higher boost st2+ one. :w00t:

Last edited:

ZGTI

Banned
As much as i would love to give u insights, I am not in any position to do so .. You could call or write to Eurojet and get the answer yourself.

You think if this project will be terminated by stasis, i will buy it ??
Do you know what kind of arrangement they got with Stasis ???

Anyways, even though i know what i know, sorry but it is not up to me to elaborate..

All i have to say, me buying the kit, should give you a heads up that what you mentioned above regarding the project is not true ! how do i know ? i have my resources ...

Any more informations regarding Eurojet and stasis i suggest you to contact Joel and I’m pretty sure will be more then happy to provide you with more details...

However, i could speak for my Kit, i requested EJ to take their time because I’m not in a rush, my car is stored until April 15th but i could guaranty you that once i get my Kit you will be updated and same goes for the tune ...

Trust me sometime it might seems like am an ass, but i still like to help and provide input to the vw community!!!

Actually, insideoutoreo699 http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142536 received his and working presently on installing it ....

Again, I'm sure the kit/tune is all legit and fast. I'd just like to see some more data and an official USA release from Unitronic.

Of course and you're entitled
Very soon, it will, stay tuned !!

Masswerks

Why would Stasis kill the ej400 program when its pretty much complete and trust me it is well worth the money. The only thing that I wish was done differently is the option to run and external wastegate. As for for performance I've seen both the APR kit and EJ400 kit and trust me the ej kit in my opinion is much better quality and for $3950 the price is well worth it.

NewToVW

Automotive Ninja
Why would Stasis kill the ej400 program when its pretty much complete and trust me it is well worth the money. The only thing that I wish was done differently is the option to run and external wastegate. As for for performance I've seen both the APR kit and EJ400 kit and trust me the ej kit in my opinion is much better quality and for $3950 the price is well worth it.

Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely zero information regarding the future of the TSI EJ400 kit. I was just making a purely hypothetical argument... "If it exists, who is running it? Can I get a complete release package?". But, if EJ says it's coming soon, then I'm sure it is.

Trust me sometime it might seems like am an ass, but i still like to help and provide input to the vw community!!!
It's cool man. I'm glad you're excited and enthusiastic. These boards are boredom sometimes. We need more people tearing shit up.

Actually, insideoutoreo699 http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142536 received his and working presently on installing it ....
/\ That's an FSI.

newtovw, if you are interested, here another EJ400 TSI build http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15042
/\ I'll follow along, but it doesn't look like he's received the EJ kit yet. What software will be used?

ZGTI

Banned
/\ I'll follow along, but it doesn't look like he's received the EJ kit yet. What software will be used?

Yes he did, and he is going with Unitronic tune, specially with EJ400 the tune is made for the Kit .. :thumbsup:

Masswerks

Yes I have received our EJ400 kit for our TSI and I am very pleased with it. We are making 2 changes to it but thats more because of power goal. We are upgrading the turbo to eather a GTX3076R or a Precision 6265 with the Billet wheel and adding an Tial 40mm external waste-gate. Our Power goal is to break 500whp and we won't stop til we do.

NewToVW

Automotive Ninja
Cool! 500 whp will be crazy! Any pics of the EJ400 kit?

ZGTI

Banned
Yes I have received our EJ400 kit for our TSI and I am very pleased with it. We are making 2 changes to it but thats more because of power goal. We are upgrading the turbo to eather a GTX3076R or a Precision 6265 with the Billet wheel and adding an Tial 40mm external waste-gate. Our Power goal is to break 500whp and we won't stop til we do.

I thought i was Crazy :D:D .. i'm sticking with the GT3071R 450HP is more then enough for me !! :D:D

NewToVW

Automotive Ninja
Any pics of the turbo kit yet? Lots of wheel discussion... :(

CarWorks

ok people, today CarWorks GTi (that one in the videos) was reviewed by the biggest mainstream car magazine in our country.
All hooked up with V-box tools etc.

So, a question:

What would you say is a real good 0-100km/h (0-60miles is 0-97km) v-box time?
(2 People + equipment, Average of 2 consequtive passes, one in each direction)